News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:00:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Doors won't open  (Read 31474 times)

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
Re: Doors won't open
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 02:26:25 AM »
nope sure haven't though someday i hope to go visit some other countries. and yes canada is one of them.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 04:42:42 PM »
You'll love Alberta.  The redneck capital of Canada.    Get in the middle of Montana, and then keep heading north.  You can't miss it.

Offline EagleStrength

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 10:57:31 PM »
Wrangler factory half doors, for some model years, used them.  My son's '94 Wrangler had them.
So if I bought a wrangler half door handle it should be a direct replacement for the eagle handles!? That would be :censored: awesome. I just recently joined the nest after buying a 1984 eagle wagon. I've been trying to find a replacement driver door handle and it's like trying to find a clean hooker... ain't happening.

Offline captspillane

• The Perkiomen Eagle Sanctuary
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 137
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »
Yes. If you buy a pair of YJ half door handles you will get one LH and one RH AMC door handle exactly the same as the AMC Eagle handles. Those are also advertised to be built stronger than the original AMC part. The black ones are the cheapest, but chrome ones are available now. Front and back door handles on the same side of a four door are exactly the same.

Expect to pay about $35 for a pair of black ones on the evil bay.

A member here on the Nest is also making stainless steel repair parts. It is just the paddle, so you need to remove the pin from an old Eagle handle and retain the old rear housing and spring. Besides having to rebuild the handle yourself, the stainless steel paddles cost about twice as much. I bought two pairs of his stainless steel paddles for my nicest Eagle and am happy with their quality. Obviously most of my Eagles will be getting the cheaper YJ handles however.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:17:29 AM by captspillane »
Currently Inspected and Insured as of Jan 2013:
-1985 Eagle Station Wagon 258 T5 Stickshift
-1980 Eagle Station Wagon 258 Auto Fuel-injected with GM TBI

Minor Repairs Underway:
-1982 Eagle SX4 258 T5
-1981 Kammback 2.5L Iron Duke T5

Restoration Efforts Near Completion:
-1982 SX4- 401 NV3550
-1983 SX4- 4.5 MPI NSG370 (6 Speed)

Restoration Efforts Underway:
-1985 SW- 4.0 MPI AX15
-1982 SX4- 4.0 AW4
-1981 SX4- SD33T NV4500 (Turbodiesel 5 speed)

Future Rescue Efforts- '85 Maroon SW, '87 Limited SW, '84 Limited SW, '87 4 door Sedan, '81 2 door Sedan, '88 White SW, '77 4 door Hornet, '74 2 door Hornet, '79 Spirit AMX, '81 Kammback.

RIP- Red '81 SX4, '84 4dr Sedan, '84 SW, '81 SW, '80 Spirit, '83 SW, '83 4dr Sedan

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 12:06:16 PM »
I did the YJ halfdoor handles about 10 years ago on SOTE (Pass side only). I reused the original frame and just put the new paddle into the old frame because the screw holes to hold the new frame to the door weren't drilled or threaded.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk