News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:29:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Westpoint, TN  (Read 6443 times)

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Westpoint, TN
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:37:12 PM »
The group that leases the land where I ride my dirt bike, held a clean up day. We just did the main roads. There was about 40 of us and it took about 3 hours. Unfortunately, it's just a drop in the bucket. Some of the locals are slobs and the quad people bring their coolers full of beer and just throw their trash anywhere. I don't get the litterbug mentality.

Afterwards, a group of 6 of us cooked lunch and then went for a 33 mile ride. Doesn't sound like much, but when you are in the woods and dodging trees, it takes a while to travel that far.

I camped overnight and rode another 25 miles with a group out of Memphis, but didn't get any pics of that.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
Re: Westpoint, TN
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 09:56:59 PM »
Very nice, great weahter this weekend for it!

Looks like fun, thanks for picking up, I hike through the state park beside my house and always come home with a  bag full of trash every time.
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:43:34 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun Eaglefreek.  And thanks for cleaning up.  Your Eagle definitely gets some good off-the-pavement time!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline mechanic80

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • 87 Limited Wagon
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 08:53:42 AM »
I have seen the slob mentality here in New Mexico on the rural highways and in the mountains.  Littering is the most anti-social offense I can think of.  How hard is it to hold on to your trash till you find a trash barrel?  Just the other day I was following a newer Mercedes and the #@@%^ole threw a practically full Starbucks plactic cup out the window.  I think fines for littering should begin at  100 times what they are now and go up from there.  Might also help fund road maintenance too!
Just wanted to get that off my chest.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone's  NOT out to get you! :amc:

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 11:52:19 AM »
I have seen the slob mentality here in New Mexico on the rural highways and in the mountains.  Littering is the most anti-social offense I can think of.  How hard is it to hold on to your trash till you find a trash barrel?  Just the other day I was following a newer Mercedes and the #@@%^ole threw a practically full Starbucks plactic cup out the window.  I think fines for littering should begin at  100 times what they are now and go up from there.  Might also help fund road maintenance too!
Just wanted to get that off my chest.
More hazardous than an empty plastic coffee cup. Speedier than a flying bullet. More disgusting than stepping in a full bucket of crankcase oil while fumbling in the garage during a power outage. :censored: It's a burning cigarette butt flung out the window... :angry4:

Great photos, Eaglefreek. The Tennessee hills have a character all their own. :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk