The Mighty 258 > The Engine

1980 258 valve cover

(1/2) > >>

Okhuman:
Hey yall
I'm looking to keep oil inside my engine and the crud out.  I've the plastic valve cover.  I've been doing research and as best I can tell there are no aftermarket options for the years prior to 1981.  Is that correct?  It seems odd that there would be so many options for 81-87 but nothing before or after those years. 
Thanks for sharing your experiences.   I've gotten lots of great tips off this forum
Cheers

maddog:
I have a 1980 Eagle that I am putting a stroker motor in and it came from the factory with a metal valve cover (I know for a fact that it did because I've had the car since 06) and it's my understanding that all 1980 Eagles had a metal valve cover.

Artmodels:
Ibcollect 1960 ramblers with the same engine except with the integrated intake exhaust manifold head.  If memory serves me correct, there is the valve cover bolt attachment that can be put on the newer engine valvetrain, and it might work.

vangremlin:
Yes, it's my understanding that all 1980 engines had the metal valve cover, but it is not compatible with later models. 

Okhuman:
Huh, I wonder if this 80 eagle has a 1981 model year engine then...   it definitely has a plastic valve cover.  Would the stamp on the block be easy to decode this?
It's crazy how common this question is, yet I haven't been able to dial the answer down.
Another way to phrase the question maybe: what valve covers are available for those motors that do have the plastic covers?
Thanks all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version