News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 01:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Progress is being made  (Read 61280 times)

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 179
Re: Progress is being made
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 08:44:28 PM »
All right I finally broke out the camera.  Here is what I have done so far.  I added the two center caps to the rear wheels (I am still looking for two more if anyone has any). 

This is the re-manufactured engine that is seen on the stand in the previous pictures. 

Here is a closer view.  It now has nearly 3500 miles on the rebuild.  Runs like a dream.   

Here is a closeup of the "new" fender.  Notice the mystery dent is gone now.  I like the fender minus the pin stripe.  I think I will eventually do the whole car that way.  For those that do not know, my friend A.J. borrowed the car not too long ago, and rearended someone in his apartment parking lot.  The fender cost me $400 to replace, and he caused $3700 damage to the Nissan that he hit (my insurance goes up $11 a month in April because of it).  Some proof of the accident can be seen on the bumper end cap.  If anyone has one of those that is in better shape I am game. 

Here is the Eagle from the driver's side.  I was standing on the front porch of my house to take that picture. 

Here is the Eagle from the passenger side.  Overall, the body is original, so it is in not too bad of shape. 
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 12:00:06 AM »
My mechanic has the Eagle for right now.  He is working on figuring out the mess of wiring for the head deck of the stereo.  I have the head deck working, but cannot get any sound to the speakers.  He is also going to get the last two Jeep center caps installed. 

I am currently saving money to get the rust fixed on the driver's rear fender as well as the rust and leak on the roof. 

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Gil-SX4

• International Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • December-2003
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 12:09:06 AM »
Hey look at it on the bright side.
Now you can take double the pictures of your AMC Eagle.
Rick Perry President of The Republic Of Texas,
Wants You.
Enlist in the Texas Arm Forces.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands:
     one Nation under God, indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all."

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one and indivisible."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
1985 Chevrolet C-10 Silverado
1995 Ford Aspire
1978 Ford Bronco

Murphy's Law
"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it".

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 12:13:59 AM »
Yeah the last pictures were taken with the new camera. 

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 09:59:55 PM »
Got the other two center caps on today. 

I also got the speakers wired correctly.  My mechanic also figured out the wiring for the AM/FM CD head deck.  Everything that I did nearly 18 months ago was correct, but the wiring problem was further back though. 

We could not get the memory to work at first.  But we used the wire from the glove box light to power the memory.  This is good because I could not get the light to work when I had the dash off at first.  So it is all good.  I will try to get updated pictures this weekend. 

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 10:56:03 PM »
Oh and the first song I played on the new CD player was Steve Miller Band's "Fly like an Eagle."  I thought it was appropriate. 

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 06:45:05 AM »
That is good news Brandon.   I had never thought of using the glove box light for memory power but that is a good one as it is a non-switched power source.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 09:28:25 PM »
Yeah I thought that was creative.  I could not figure out the wiring.  I am glad my mechanic had just finished his stereo in his AMC design Wrangler otherwise he would not have considered helping me.  He hates doing stereo wiring.  But he is a good guy.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 10:59:29 PM »
Not a very good picture with the flash.  I can probably get a better one when it is light out, but here is the stereo installed...

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 10:33:34 AM »
I am sending the Eagle in to get the roof repaired on the 17th.  My body guy is not busy that week.  It has been leaking where the "Chrome" plastic pieces clip into the roof.  I think I am going to just have those completely removed and have the roof patched up.  I will try to post before and after pictures.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 11:01:36 AM »
Probably the best way to do it.  At least for the time being.  You don't use your rack much anyway do you?

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 12:55:40 AM »
I have never used it at all.  And honestly, I do not see the point in the plastic pieces that are there anyway. 

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 01:29:47 PM »
I took the day off work today, because I thought I was going to have to drop the Eagle off and walk back to the house.  I took some before pictures in the garage of the work that I am getting done.  Then, my wife and I dropped the Elantra off at the body shop this morning.  I took my wife to lunch, and I am heading back to the body shop with the Eagle here in a little bit.  I will try to post the before pictures tonight.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 06:02:36 PM »
Looking forward to them Brandon.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 11:24:38 PM »
My body guy and I took another look at what we are doing, and it looks like it is going to be a little more than he initially thought (I could not take the roof rack off today myself, because it was pouring rain). 

He is not going to be able to weld up the holes on the roof.  And it looks like both rear quarter panels need to be done because the rear quarter panels and the roof are all one piece (That will only leave doors, hood and one front fender to paint ;D). 

I am having the roof repaired and painted.  He is going to plug the holes with something and glue those plastic trim pieces back on.  He is also going to repair a rust piece that is on the left rear quarter panel.  He said he should have it done by Thursday or Friday of next week.  I can't wait.

Here are some before pictures....

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk