News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 27, 2024, 11:32:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What Kind of eagle is this?  (Read 3827 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
What Kind of eagle is this?
« on: January 30, 2014, 10:44:35 AM »
This isn't really new to anyone on here probably, as I know not many are from my generation, but I just saw one of these in the parking lot.  Chevy had some really innovative, next age designs in the 80's.

Its got the same window, writing on the side, and even the front looks somewhat the same.  (rims too)
Not that I'm against it, if anything I'd pick one up someday.   

Also, I know it's not an eagle, the title was just something to say.  ::)

Offline EAGLER

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 16
Re: What Kind of eagle is this?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 12:28:44 PM »
well this is actually the x platform car from gm called citation was the firt with the v6 engine some other came after like the cutlass ciera and other buick models, all based on this
because nobody grows up knowing all

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 01:38:05 PM »
well this is actually the x platform car from gm called citation was the firt with the v6 engine some other came after like the cutlass ciera and other buick models, all based on this
I should have said this too i guess... when I find a neat car, I tend to look up info on it, so I know about it.  I just thought it was strange how similar it was to the sx4.
I think I'd buy one of these over any Camaro of that age.  why is it that chevy and pontiac cars always are near identical, as with olds and buick.  (aside from being GM.  I mean like Chevette/T-1000(acadian)  the difference being grills and badges (I guess they use "badge engineering")

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 07:02:26 AM »
This is what I was told - by law, They are only allowed to produce 'X' amount of vehicles of the same model, same year, same make (barring options and trim levels), so to exploit this loophole, they make another division, call it, Pontiac, or Olds, or whatever, produce the same vehicle but with some slightly different grilles, bumpers, wheel covers, etc, but the body is mostly the same, call it something different, and then the company can produce double the mount.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 11:32:32 PM »
I had one with a 4 speed std. Very fun to drive till I sheared the shifter off racing. Totally different feeling than running a RWD car. Not nearly as much fun as my twin turbo Mazda RX2 with 3 rotor Cosmo engine though!
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 11:38:25 PM »
Wow! can you seriously just stop listing all the car's you've had?  My computer's going to break with all the drool falling onto it. 
(just kidding, I love seeing all these neat cars. :D  )

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 11:58:27 PM »
I just listed what I have left. My nickname Junkyard Jim was pretty apt since I know I've gone past 1,000 vehicles of my own I've bought and either fixed and sold or parted to fix another one.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk