News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:33:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Confused auto parts lady  (Read 19479 times)

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
Re: Confused auto parts lady
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 10:17:56 PM »
I'm normally dead set against more government intrusion, but in this case I have to say
"There ought to be a law.............).
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 03:15:24 AM »
i normally believe that thieves should be shot but in this case i think someone sould relieve that kid of his sundancer.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 08:32:12 AM »
Guys:

This kids Sundancer is in very good shape. I've told him, countless number of times what he has. But now, all the sides are scratched and the front right corner of the bumper is dented. He just says, "....well, I suppose, but it makes for a great "hill hopper" [like stump jumping=trail riding with his friends who have Jeeps and 4X4's]." I think he just wants to see how long it holds up before it's turned to junk.

Steve

You (or somebody close to his area) should buy a nice $2500 Cherokee and offer to trade him for it, make the points being more power, better offroad, easier to maintain, and better milage than the eagle  ;). Could work, lol. Heck if mine wasn't such a rot box I'd try it if I were in that region, lol.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline PAcowboy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 02:32:47 AM »
That's a great idea, shaggimo. I'll ask him when I see him.

Steve

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »
Somebody NEEDS to rescue that poor Eagle before it's too late.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 11:21:09 PM »
Hey:

I live in Trafford, PA. East of Pittsburgh, behind Monroeville. It was the home of George Westinghouse when Westinghouse was just a dream. Most of the "old codgers"  around here remember or had Eagles when they were younger. Sometimes, when I go to the P.O. some will gather around, gawking. they tell me stories of their's. Most of the younger kids look and stare. Some will go, "cool, what IS that?"

Advance is the pits for anyone even seeing seeing one in their lifetime. I have educated most of them. When I call to order a part, I get, "Is it a Premire or a Medallion?" Sometimes, I forget to inform them it's an AMC Eagle. They say, "Oh a Jeep wannab." " No, a Jeep is an Eagle wannab that couldn't get their wings." These are guys who only know about putting that "tin can" on the end of their exhaust pipe. Many don't even know what a Houdini wrench is.
"Who makes that?" or "What does one look like?"  I like to poit-out-the-window at mine. And, sometimes, if allowd, they go out to look at it. But, you'd be surprised at how many a woman or girl remembers them.

A few weeks ago, one of the young guys bought a Sundancer. Don't know what year it is. he says he goes "hill hopping" in it. [One convert] I put in a plug for the Nest.

There's such a high turn-over that I'm always explaining to them what is an Eagle. I tell them to go to YOUTUBE and look up AMC EAGLE. Then, when I see them on my next parts run they can't say enough and some ask where to buy one. But, I don't know, some don't even know what a carb or spark plug is, much less a timing light and how to use it. that scares me!

The older I get, I'm surprised at the bevy of "young & dumb" car enthusiasts out there. But, go to a Car Criuse and see how much of a crowd is hanging around  a row of '90's and 2000's with all their spiffy decals, their Mind Blister speakers. Maybe, one will have a custom paint job and a tricked-out motor, But, he doesn't know what's under the hood because, he paid someone else to install the patrs.

WE are a diying breed and must educate as many as possible before we go. When the alien's come and all the electricity goes out, there's an old rusting AMC Eagle out back just waiting to FLY. Disconnect the computer, pour in some rotten gas and turn the key.

Steve     
        I know this is an old topic and I might (or should) be yelled at for posting in it but I just was browsing and saw this.  I am 18, and I love cars.  I know nothing about engines, or repairing, or fixing anything. What I do know is all I can imagine myself doing in life is learning engines, and I want to go into building cars. I don't see how I can say I like cars and not know anything about engines.  And just to let you know, I think getting subs and whatnot in your car is extremely stupid.  I'd rather get louvers.
So anyway sorry for responding to such an old subject but I wanted to say I'm not my generation.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 11:57:26 PM »
You can start a post of your own too! ;)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 02:55:50 AM »
Just reading this for the first time! That poor Sundancer! I can only imagine it's probably already sent to the crusher by now. Or beat to Crap and still kicking around in the woods with the jeeps.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
Welcome to the Den, YoungKyle".   
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »
So anyway sorry for responding to such an old subject but I wanted to say I'm not my generation.

:blob1: there is still hope! BTW, welcome
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline madmax4x4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
the guys at the advance auto i go to all the time think i'm saying gmc when i say amc. and what's worse one of the guys has a family member who has a two door sedan.
I was about to post the same thing. I used to say no AMC three times in a row now I just say it's number 21 on the list at auto zone  ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk