News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 18, 2024, 06:27:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1985 Inaugural Edition  (Read 26105 times)

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
Re: 1985 Inaugural Edition
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 01:25:21 PM »
         Shan you got read of that didn't you ...That is one nice car..Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2011, 11:53:37 PM »
I got rid of the 86 sedan after I got Ginger, my 83 wagon. I stripped about everything of use off that 86...not much there really, metal was rusty and the plastics were very dry rotted and cracked...I was able to get a good headlight trim for Tougeagle off it and I kept some drive train parts but to be honest I think it was someone Else's parts car when I bought it...Its all good though Ginger is in excellent shape and a much more practical  and cost effective project...And don't worry, the 86 didn't go to the crusher, its getting turned into mudder/rockcrawler by this guy that lives up here..hes does all kinds of extreme custom 4x4 stuff so I know that car will have an interesting life...he turned a chevette into a small block mudder so I can only imagine what the 86 will get turned into....Ill hafta follow up on it... could make for an interesting topic.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »
                HI Your right there .very interesting .I think the Nester's would like a good follow up story with of coerce pictures..way to go .You have dune a lot of work to Ginger already...............Don                                                                                  After Thought are you to going change  the color  on ginger
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:45:27 PM by teneagle »
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2011, 11:09:34 PM »
Ive put some serious thought into it...But the problem is I dont want to have to repaint all the door jambs and engine bay...its a lot of work and a whole lot more $$$money. Im just gonna shoot her with a fresh coat of Olympic White...I am seriously considering doing a full white out though to make her look more like the Inogural Eagle in this post...I might even do the bumpers white too....Im still on the fence with that though....Id love to make it an Inogural clone.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2011, 02:41:02 AM »
                             HI          that sounds good ..Its  a go on every thing .but not the bumpers ...A little shinny is the right way..will look good......Don

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2011, 06:23:12 AM »
When done right the "white out" wagons look good.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
Both of those are wicked looking.  I didn't think white on white would look good, but it does.  Great pics.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2011, 11:12:49 AM »
When done right the "white out" wagons look good.
              HI          your ARE ABSALOUTLE RIGHT Don
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:49:28 PM by teneagle »

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 07:45:45 PM »
Shiny parts and non integrated bumpers are nice.   Some younger folks think our bumpers are falling off because they are not integrated.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2011, 10:38:34 PM »
I think im gonna leave em chrome...The more I thought about it the more Im thinking that the painted bumbers would look tacky...Maybe my next Eagle project  Ill try it, but gingers too nice to experiment on, and I really want her to remain true to the stock eagle form.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2011, 10:54:51 PM »
              HI I AM glad to hear that Ginger can smile now ..I-E   I under stand about the Integrated bumper sys for the last 25 years or so its no chrome .some of the car makers are putting chrome stripes where the bumpers were......Don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk