News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:29:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: engine miss when cold  (Read 2365 times)

Offline ditdit

• Premium Member
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • dare to be different,own an AMC !
engine miss when cold
« on: December 07, 2020, 09:56:57 PM »
I have an 88 Eagle that when first started it runes ok but when I put it in gear it stumbles ,Tries to quit,so I sit there and warm up the system ,once the engine gets to around normal temp its ok its worse in the winter than the summer,my question is what controls the system in the cold mode ? the system is still stock no mods ,anyone have had this problem ???

ditdit
1988 snow Eagle
1984 4.0 Eagle
1968 401 AMX

Offline Eagleearl

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
Re: engine miss when cold
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 01:45:17 PM »
Make sure choke is not opening too far. Make sure manifold bolts are tight. Check for other air leaks. Make sure carb nuts are tight. Possible EGR leak.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 01:51:16 PM by Eagleearl »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk