News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:45:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1981 Eagle Kammback  (Read 1168 times)

Offline tbee815

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
1981 Eagle Kammback
« on: March 09, 2022, 01:37:14 PM »
Trying to get an Idea about what my 1981 eagle Kammback maybe worth to sell.  Car does run but the trans shifts poorly and the sending unit is not the correct one.  Car has new tires and spare with the higher trim rims.  Car is fairly rust free.  To much going on might have to part with my baby.

Offline Softbuster

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
Re: 1981 Eagle Kammback
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 09:22:51 AM »
Depends on overall condition and any rust?
What sending unit is wrong?

IMO a daily driver condition eagle with current inspection minimum price is $1500.  If the trans is in need of rebuild 1,000.
Running operational parts car $600.
If its in nicer shape and only needs a transmission to take it to a cruise in night $2,000.
If show worthy with low miles you could push for $4K being a rare Kammback, although (IMO) arent as neat as an SX/4.
(U will sit on it for a while at 4K depending what it needs)

A local mopar shop can rebuilt that trans and be out the door for about 1,000.  Thats still a cheap car.
my wifes chev. Cruze trans cost us 3K+
1985 Eagle sedan rescue project

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: 1981 Eagle Kammback
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 06:42:38 PM »
I think the only way to truly know is to list it on the local craigslist or other website and see if you get any interest at your sales price.  A lot depends on your location and finding that one right person who may be interested. 

There have been some Eagles and AMCs which have sold on the Bring a Trailer website recently that have sold for good prices.  They were nice cars but not necessarily show worthy.  You might check that out to get an idea how your car compares. 

Spending some time to clean up your car (vacuuming out the inside, polishing and waxing the exterior) will go a long way.

I have a Kammback also and several people have offered to buy it from me (no one showed me any money though). So I think you'll find some interest. 

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk