News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 07:47:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Low end Power?  (Read 5640 times)

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: Low end Power?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 07:45:59 PM »
I highly doubt any of my vacuums with the exception of the 4x4 Vac, even works.... it has had quiet  a bit of the vacs pulled out however everything that is left is chopped to bits meaning ( maybe 1 or 2 are still whole lines the rest have been broken or cut) im kinda iffy on going and messing with them because last time i did she didnt like it one bit....

Offline Baskinator

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Limerick, PA
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 01:04:21 PM »
If you have even a tiny vacuum leak, the car will most likely run terribly. At the very least make sure any unplugged hoses are plugged and any cracked hoses are replaced. You can spray brake cleaner around the intake gasket and carb base while the engine is running to make sure there are no leaks. If idle changes at all when you do this, you have found a vacuum leak. You cannot properly diagnose other systems if the engine doesn't get good vacuum.

I have a vacuum gauge hooked up in my engine bay to manifold vacuum at the intake, which is quite helpful to show changes in vacuum while tuning.

It would be extremely helpful to us if you took GOOD pictures and posted them here. Take pictures of the engine, linkages, wiring, and whatever else you think might need attention. Then we could potentially tell you what needs work done or what lines need replaced/rerouted. It might be good for you to start a project thread too so you can keep track of progress and others can give their 2 cents.
1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (Work In Progress)

Photobucket Album: http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/Baskinator/

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 02:10:10 PM »
Well i've put one up of the engine bay but to be completely honest she does run like a terd... i have to molest the pedal to get her going but once she gets rolling shes good. im looking to get another car soon so i can drop her off at my buddies garage at the highschool and let the kids take a wack at rebuilding her. when that happens the only vac i should need will be for the 4x4 because everything else is going mech. So around feb if any has preferably an sx/4 i may be looking to buy. other than that i've been eyeing these to matadors near by.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk