News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 28, 2024, 07:54:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: swapping a 67 rebel 232 into an eagle  (Read 1708 times)

Andrew_G26

swapping a 67 rebel 232 into an eagle
« on: May 23, 2012, 05:42:48 PM »
Hey does anyone know if the mounting holes for the front diff are in the block of a 232 or not? I'm sick of fighting with my 258 and i really don't want to give up on my eagle yet. so im looking at my old rebel for a possible parts car

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: swapping a 67 rebel 232 into an eagle
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:48:31 PM »
Not present. 258's from 79 will not have them either

Manitowoc WI

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: swapping a 67 rebel 232 into an eagle
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
Bellhousing on pre-'72 AMC 6 cyls is different too. Rule of thumb: If the starter is on the right (passenger's side in US), it's later model.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk