News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:48:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: For sale 1983 sx4  (Read 4433 times)

Offline vj318

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
For sale 1983 sx4
« on: July 12, 2017, 02:23:15 PM »
Selling my 1983 sx/4. Good condition runs and drives good  no rust has few small dings here and there interior good, carpet about 3or4 yes old. Engine is an 81 I believe. I did re ring bearings and timing about 5,000 miles ago runs strong. Trans shifts good but has a small leak at the at the seal Trans shifter. New seal can be done without removing Trans,  by removing Trans mount and shift linkage then let Trans drop as far as possible till valve cover hits firewall. Remove valve body, pry out seal set new seal in place and use a few thick washers on each side with a nut and bolt thru them then tighten until seal is drawn in. I've done this on my wagon. Brakes about 80 percent left. Comes with replacement windshield and several other extra parts including a 1984 head with about 10,000 miles on it. All bumper corners in good shape and flexible. May need speedo cable. The speedometer itself is good. If I cant figure how to get pics up here I will put them on craigs list in boise. $2,200.oo will consider offers.

Offline vj318

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
Re: For sale 1983 sx4
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 05:41:47 PM »
Pics on boise craigslist

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:02:25 PM »
Below your text box click, attachments and other options. You can direct load pics here. No third party requirements at the den

Manitowoc WI

Offline vj318

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 11:51:54 PM »
Nothing pertaining to pics shows up.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:08:36 AM by vj318 »

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 11:08:35 AM »
Than underneath attach shows up, choose file. Than look where you have your pictures stored. Hope that helps.

Manitowoc WI

Offline vj318

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 08:56:40 PM »
Surprised no one was interested in an absolutely rust free sx4 with only about 80,000 miles on it. Was hoping some member would buy it. But sold it 2 days after posting it on Craigslist to a guy in colorado.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk