News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:00:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dashboard vac.lines  (Read 3586 times)

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
Dashboard vac.lines
« on: September 13, 2015, 09:02:15 AM »
Before I start digging  what vac lines are behind the dash. I hear a leak at idle,during acceleration it cuts down but at cruising  speed it comes back. I have cruise control  but haven't tried yet.  Just got her yesterday.. Am not sure if 4wd is engaging  either.

Offline txjeeptx

• shop rag
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 68
  • You've been Outlaw'd
Re: Dashboard vac.lines
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 01:54:42 PM »
There are vacuum lines going to and from the 4wd switch on the dash, and some of the heater/defroster controls use vacuum. Those are places to start looking for disconnected or rotten lines for a vacuum leak inside the car.
'82 Eagle SX/4 "Golden Eagle", '89 YJ 2.5L '93 MPI-converted rock-crawler, '79 Jeep Cherokee Golden Eagle "FSJ", 'o7 F150 Supercrew FX/4 daily driver

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 03:23:48 PM »
Anything for cruise control

Offline txjeeptx

• shop rag
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 68
  • You've been Outlaw'd
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 04:40:27 PM »
The only vac line for the cruise stays in the engine compartment. Cruise control, whether factory or added on, only has wiring inside the cabin.
'82 Eagle SX/4 "Golden Eagle", '89 YJ 2.5L '93 MPI-converted rock-crawler, '79 Jeep Cherokee Golden Eagle "FSJ", 'o7 F150 Supercrew FX/4 daily driver

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 04:45:19 PM »
Well, except for that silly cruise vacuum bleed-off switch on the brake pedal.  But it only has vac to it while the cruise is engaged.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 12:56:00 AM »
Unless it's hooked up wrong. Bad brake booster will do that too.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 09:41:07 PM »
Once I noticed when she was parked for 4hours the brake pedal was solid the first time I stepped on it and I haven't stepped on it at all when it was parked. She is running great since I found and pluged the leaks I could find. A manifold vac line was off. I could hear the leak inside the car from under the hood. That was the reason for the post,it sounded like it was behind the dash.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk