News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:21:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 87 Wagon - Denver  (Read 4591 times)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
87 Wagon - Denver
« on: November 22, 2015, 07:10:10 PM »
Saw a listing online for an 87 Limited Wagon at the U Pull  & Pay in Denver so I went up there to check it out this morning.  Wagon was in decent shape, but I don't think it had been on the road for quite awhile as it had a temp tag on it that expired in 2008.  I think it was actually a "Semi-Limited" model as it didn't have power windows or seats, but did have power locks and leather interior.  The front seats were typical of what you see in the junkyards, but the back seat looked perfect. 

I grabbed a bunch of stuff like radio and radio pod, intermittent wiper switch, hatch hinges, rear speaker grilles in great condition, package shelf, leather steering wheel, heater/AC controls, and a few other odds and ends.  If you're interested in anything let me know, I'll probably get around to listing most of the stuff sooner or later.

And to the doubters who say "pictures or it didn't happen"   ;)

Check out the last picture for some Rambler Mentality engineering to install a cup holder in between the seats

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:13:15 PM by vangremlin »
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: 87 Wagon - Denver
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 08:18:47 PM »
Did you grab the mirrors. If so is the driver side good. I would be interested if you got it.

Manitowoc WI

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 12:20:32 PM »
Did you grab the mirrors. If so is the driver side good. I would be interested if you got it.

I did not grab the mirrors.  The passenger side did not respond when I moved the joystick, but didn't take the time to check the driver's side.  If I go back I'll check it out.  Thanks.
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline WhitelakeEagle

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • 87 AMC Eagle wagon- in progress of restoration
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 02:38:19 PM »
Are the hatch hinges still good? if so i would be interested in them for an extra set.
Thanks

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 09:57:41 PM »
Intermittent wiper switch would be nice if your not using it.....do you know if you can simply swap it out with a non intermittent one ?
Also - I havn't been on in ages - I bought TougeEagles old wagon " Caroline" , I can't remember if it was you that was in contact with him way back then ?? Thanks

Offline rommel1940

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 07:40:28 AM »
Good morning , do you still have a good tan radio pod? If so , how much shipped to 37921 thanks
1984 Eagle Limited

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 11:23:13 PM »
Intermittent wiper switch would be nice if your not using it.....do you know if you can simply swap it out with a non intermittent one ?
Also - I havn't been on in ages - I bought TougeEagles old wagon " Caroline" , I can't remember if it was you that was in contact with him way back then ?? Thanks

The intermittent switch and control module will swap right in for the standard wiper switch, but you also have to run a ground wire.  I haven't had a chance to test the one I pulled yet to make sure it works.

I met Tougeagle once, but I think it was Shanebo and Maddog who talked with him more.
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk