News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:36:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: technical service manual  (Read 5743 times)

Offline AMC1

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 8
technical service manual
« on: August 30, 2013, 11:30:17 AM »
I recently started scanning my 1982 TSM into my computer. After years of use it's getting bad & I better save it. It's time consuming - copy - recopy to eliminate overlap page - recopy to get margin for 3 ring folder. At this rate it will take me a year. Has anyone seen a software copy available anywhere?
1976 gremlin
pair of 1983 SX4's sports
1946 Cushman step-thru

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
Re: technical service manual
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »
It's easier to find digital copies of the TSM than it is the actual books. Ebay usually has them and I believe IE use to sell some as well.
I prefer the actual book, since it's easier to bring outside with you. I went through mine and tore out every page (book was already broke in half) and put every single page in a sheet protector and in binders (took 3 3" binders just to get the big book and no telling how many sheet protectors). It should extend it's life quite a bit.
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 08:23:42 PM »
Yes, I have it saved.  I am going to check with Ken and Gil to see if we want to put it on line.  Also have the '83 supplement scanned and saved.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline AMC1

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 10:03:10 AM »
Thanks guys - A thought might be to make it available on a disc & then charge a fee for it. 
1976 gremlin
pair of 1983 SX4's sports
1946 Cushman step-thru

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 12:46:14 PM »
I believe at one time Doug was selling his copy on thumb drives.
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 07:13:43 PM »
Yes, on thumb drives.  I see that Ken put it in the revised store.  I will see what he wants to do.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk