News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 20, 2024, 03:32:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 2560 times)

rohnk

What is this?
« on: May 02, 2012, 01:30:15 PM »
Fuel line vent? This is from Mavericke's pictures, but I have the same thing on my SX/4. Should this be connected?

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/Mavricke/1982%20AMC%20Eagle%20SX4%20Sport/IMG_9012.jpg

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: What is this?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:48:55 PM »
I believe that is your gas tank vent valve in other words the roll over valve.That is the valve that I made a post on and in need of. I believe that yes it should be connected.You are lucky as yours is not busted.Mine has a ear busted off where as yours the rubber hose has rotted off. Easy fix.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 01:54:04 PM »
I just asked this question regarding the exact same thing I found on mine not too long ago and by looking in the TSM it looks to be the roll over check valve. It is located right above the rear axle (in front of the fuel tank and about where the rear seat is).

Here's mine and it is broken too...

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:59:15 PM by MudPuppy »
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rohnk

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 02:17:43 PM »
I guess I'll be connecting that up when I get to doing the rear end work soon.  Maybe NAPA has the rollover valve.

Offline Baskinator

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Limerick, PA
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 02:58:38 PM »
Mine has it also. Rusted to heck, but I connected it to the new lines anyway just in case it still works  :P
1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (Work In Progress)

Photobucket Album: http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/Baskinator/

Offline T5258

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »
I ordered a new one in 1996.....from a former AMC turned Chrysler dealer....it NEVER came in....as far as I know, it's STILL on backorder!!! ;)
1987 Eagle Limited
1985 Corvette
2009 Avalanche LT
2011 Volvo C30

remember:  no matter where you go.......there you are

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 08:18:34 PM »
Probably on a slow boat from China.Or it sunk!
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

rohnk

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »
Below is some info I posted in another thread from the wanted section. Just in case anyone is wondering where to get a rollover check valve.

http://store.delorean.com/p-6703-roll-over-valve.aspx

I found this little tidbit on the Jeep forums. Seems the Jeep guys are buying these two at a time.

Update: Just ordered myself a pair. $31.25 including shipping.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk