News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:49:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My first insult  (Read 26172 times)

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
Re: My first insult
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 03:00:09 AM »
well that girl at work found out just how well Eagle Eyes runs today when she couldn't get a ride to the closest gas station from anyone else.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »
Throw away society is right.  Being 24 I see it all the time with my generation.  On weekends I work at a small record store repairing turntables and stereos for people.  Since it's in a college town we get a lot of customers (the kids are into LPs, as am I).  I see those :censored: USB turntables all the time.  They're built terribly and sound mediocre at best.  I can't fix them because they don't offer parts or service manuals and everything is press-on plastic.  The sad part is, I see older guys throw away their nice older Technics, Denons, Duals, JVCs all the time because they wanted to buy a new turntable (typically the $10 belt just needs replacing, or it needs a $20 stylus).  What do they buy?  They buy this disposable POS USB thing with a plastic platter, bushings instead of bearings and a $15 cartridge while their nice, better sounding, better built Technics rots in a landfill.  "But this one is new.  Newer is better." they say.   :banghead:
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 08:45:03 PM »
And don't get me started on those old timey-looking ones.   ::)
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 08:54:07 PM »
There used to be something called "brand loyalty".  Everyone knew that if you wanted a nice TV, you bought a Sony.  Even their tagline was "It's a Sony." for years.  If you wanted a good blank tape, you bought Maxell or TDK.  You knew that Pioneer, Marantz, Nakamichi and Sansui were top names in audio and you saved and saved to invest in a nice system.  You also bought them in stores that specialized in audio and would let you test what you wanted to buy.  Now it seems no one cares.  The majority buys their headphones from whatever Wal-Mart offers at the lowest price.  The headphones break in a month and they go right back and buy the same no-name brand again.  After three pairs they could have spent that amount once on a name brand pair that would not only be built betterand last, but most likely sound better, too.  I've seen those USB turntables at Staples.. an office supply store.  How does that make any sense?

With so many "green" young people, they should really think about were their cell phones end up when they ditch them in a month for the next new piece of crap that only has slightly better features than their last one.  The companies plan it that way to appeal to the least common denominator.  Sadly, most consumers now fall into this category.

I'm done ranting.  I could go on for hours on this topic.  My apologies if I offended anyone.  I just tells it like I sees it.
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 10:53:18 PM »
i'm 29 and i don't get why people do this i have a Panasonic record player from the 80's that i was given four years ago because they said it was obsolete and no one uses records anymore. i still play 33's on it and it still sounds good, heck i still have a working VCR which is from the late 90's (also a Panasonic). unfortunately most things these days are designed to brake or quit working after a year or two so that you will go out and buy a new one just to do it all over again.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline captspillane

• The Perkiomen Eagle Sanctuary
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 137
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 11:16:50 PM »
I think brand loyalty died when every brand name decided to start selling the exact same junk as the no-name companies. It's the way of the world. Benchmade used to be a top of the line, US made $300 to $800 knife brand. Now they have the Benchmade butterfly on a $100 overseas made knife. It's still the best you can get for the price, but there isn't much difference between that and any other junk name. "Remington" is written on the worst knife I ever owned. It's the cheapest most unsafe terrible knife ever made and they stuck a familiar name brand on it. The best part is that not a single Remington employee is probably involved in the knife. The firearms company probably just sold the rights to the name to a Chinese company and forgot about it. It is getting harder and harder to find any company selling stuff designed to be maintained and repaired.

I'm 25 years old. It's interesting how different we are than the typical people our age, but that's exactly why we love AMC Eagles.
Currently Inspected and Insured as of Jan 2013:
-1985 Eagle Station Wagon 258 T5 Stickshift
-1980 Eagle Station Wagon 258 Auto Fuel-injected with GM TBI

Minor Repairs Underway:
-1982 Eagle SX4 258 T5
-1981 Kammback 2.5L Iron Duke T5

Restoration Efforts Near Completion:
-1982 SX4- 401 NV3550
-1983 SX4- 4.5 MPI NSG370 (6 Speed)

Restoration Efforts Underway:
-1985 SW- 4.0 MPI AX15
-1982 SX4- 4.0 AW4
-1981 SX4- SD33T NV4500 (Turbodiesel 5 speed)

Future Rescue Efforts- '85 Maroon SW, '87 Limited SW, '84 Limited SW, '87 4 door Sedan, '81 2 door Sedan, '88 White SW, '77 4 door Hornet, '74 2 door Hornet, '79 Spirit AMX, '81 Kammback.

RIP- Red '81 SX4, '84 4dr Sedan, '84 SW, '81 SW, '80 Spirit, '83 SW, '83 4dr Sedan

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 06:48:51 AM »
...but that's exactly why we love AMC Eagles.

Amen
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »
Had a guy insult mine in the parking lot awhile back. Can't remember exactly what he said but it was somewhere along the lines of "I hate those AMC's they are junk!" I noticed that he got out of a KIA of all things and replied "Well I'd like to see hour your KIA holds up after 30 years and 250k miles." After that he was speechless 8)  ;D
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 07:20:41 AM »
i work at an automotive repair shop...one guy who thinks anything with wheels and an engine is junk...

I've known people like this.  People who choose a job and then hate it are just unhappy people.  Wish they would quit and go away.  They are the kind of people that could win a huge lottery and still be unhappy.  Go figure.

I just have to laugh. :P
I am what Willis was talking about.

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 09:30:47 AM »
i work at an automotive repair shop...one guy who thinks anything with wheels and an engine is junk...

Guilty  :-[ Can't stand new cars, they're all throw away junk, love to see anything old roaming the streets though, amc, gm, ford, chryco,  even imports8)   

On the other hand, pretty much everyone I work with (between two shops) agrees with this theory, if they weren't junk, none of us would have jobs, so we're happy and greatful they're all junk  :rotfl: .
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline DaemonForce

• Grease Magnet
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 11:26:18 PM »
^^^^ thats his thoughts!!! he hates ANY cars now days. lol. not ALL cars really. he is just hiarious to listen to. nothing but a cuss fest, and the craziest things come out of him. he basically has no preferance. all vehicles have their own issues.
From what I've learned, the news cars are engineered to be throwaway. The older cars usually outlast their owners. I know my Eagle has outlived at least 3 owners now. The issues aren't really the vehicles themselves. They just suffer the wrong owner or driver.
1983 Limited
AMC 258C {R2:27.Jun.13}
Carter 2681 {R2:28.Oct.12}
TorqueFlite A998 {R6: -20.Apr.12}
NP129 {R2:28.Apr.12}
M35-273 {???}
Compression: 0
Corrected Idle: 0RPM

Rebuild:
???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk