News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:36:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: '83 to '03? AMC 150.4 cu in 2.5L I-4  (Read 4125 times)

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
'83 to '03? AMC 150.4 cu in 2.5L I-4
« on: February 19, 2012, 06:36:03 PM »
Just a quick start here since I didn't see a forum for it (don't see one for the Iron Duke 2.5 either)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Straight-4_engine has the basics.

I feel that if AMC had put the EFI into the Eagle in '87 ('86 on the 4 cyl), sales would've taken off like the XJ did.

When they went to Renix TBI, the 4 cyl used the tone ring on a flexplate (see pic)

AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: '83 to '03? AMC 150.4 cu in 2.5L I-4
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »
As i have an 87 258 well it has a normal flywheel. what starter do you have with that.

Manitowoc WI

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: '83 to '03? AMC 150.4 cu in 2.5L I-4
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »
4 cyl parts won't fit 4.0L and you'd need a Grand Cherokee flexplate from a '94 up 4.0L and 42RE to fit the 998 trans, but the converter may be different too (haven't checked with my trans parts warehouse guys)

(this probably needs moving to the other flexplate thread)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk