News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 26, 2024, 11:08:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What are your awesome finds for the Eagle?  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
What are your awesome finds for the Eagle?
« on: October 05, 2014, 11:18:33 AM »
Creating this thread to see what people have found for awesome finds for their Eagles (or if you found an amazing Eagle and got it at a omg amazing price).

I'll start.

I found a cargo basket for the top of my car a few days ago sitting on a Jeep XJ I was getting the rear roof speaker bar from. Asked the guy if he was getting rid of it, told me $20. I jumped on it. Priced it up yesterday, $234 ( http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/sportrack-roof-basket-0401146p.html#.VDFgGvldViZ ). I sanded the few rough and rusty spots down, and will be painting it with Rocker Guard. Even came with a shovel!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:19:05 AM by Nightpath »

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: What are your awesome finds for the Eagle?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »
The 8.25 rear axle in my wagon came from a '90 something XJ for $25 because no-one wanted the 3.08 gears or C clip diff. (if I ran it offroad, I would put in C clip eliminators)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 03:52:34 PM »
A front clip for my SX/4 for $50.  Came from a rotted out Kammback, that was all that was good about it.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »
I paid $500 for my first SX4 (258-5 spd), and the body and interior were near perfect.  The car had a bad engine, but no problem for me.  I proceeded to make it a hard-core off road machine  (avatar photo <-------------) and totally thrashed the body.  Also, years ago I got a swinging deal on one of the five 1980 TurboDiesel Eagles made (only 2 known to exist today).  I am sure there are more great deals that I have gotten, but I can't remember them now....Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline JayRamb

• ELLA THE EAGLE & EDWIN THE EAGLE
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 30
  • AMC passion for over 32 years. BIG advocate!
    • UPDATED!!  1967 Rambler Rebel weebly website
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 08:48:20 AM »
Getting 2 defroster switches for 85-88 Eagle, 2 intermittent wiper switches, front wiper arms, 2 door handle paddels, fog light harness, stepper motor for BBD all for $25 at salvage yard.
Jayson H.
Best HWY Mileage of 87 Eagle:  26.2 MPG

Believer in AMSOIL & Seafoam
1987 Garnet Red Eagle Wagon: 70,500 miles
1967 Rambler Rebel 4 Door 290 V8 (original family car) Marina Aqua 142K miles
1985 Eagle Wagon in Autumn Brown 74,800 miles as my daily driver
SOLD 1984 Black Eagle Limited w/Tach & gauge cluster: 245,100 miles SOLD

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 09:08:05 AM »
hi this not eagle, but it is amc related. many, many years ago, like 20 or more, i ran my 73 Matador into a guard rail, got to the next rest stop, was washing some blood of my face, an older gentleman stopped and asked if I was ok,,I said yes. got back to my car, there was as a $!0. bill stuck in the door handle. car made it home with a torn up right hand suspension, dragging it's right wheel almost sideways. That $10. really helped that day'. I have never forgotten that kindness, and to this day I still pick up hitchhikers, (as few as there are), and stop for anyone in trouble. There is still kindness in this world, you have to look for, give, and appreciate it. Last year, 2013, my wife was driving down Rt 86 in NC, between Yanceyville and  Hillsborough, and her water pump went. She was smart enough to pull over and turn off the car. She's also in the middle of nowhere, no cellphone service, alone and scared. 5 minutes later, a nice older white man pulls up and asks if she's in trouble. She says yes. He takes her to his house, his wife makes her comfortable, can use the phone to call me, gets the car towed to a local mechanic, and calls her sister to come get her. Point being, this is North Carolina!!!!!!, my wife is black, and she was helped by an old school white guy and his family. The next week I drove down to pick up the repaired  car, on a Sunday, so we had to go the shop owners house to pay him. Very gracious and did not overcharge. ...and.. he had an old Javelin in his shop he was restoring. Moral of this story is....you don't know until you know, but, it seems to me, that people with AMC's are the smartest and kindest. Best wishes to you all. Thanks gz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk