News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:08:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New radiator installation  (Read 15637 times)

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: New radiator installation
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 12:35:18 PM »
 I'm tempted to use my jigsaw to open up around the cap on mine (77 AMX 304 two core rad I just put in and the hood won't close now)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »
I see your radiator is bent a little bit on the left side. I just got one and mine is bent in the EXACT same spot. Did you have to bend the bracket to make it work?
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 07:56:24 PM »
I see your radiator is bent a little bit on the left side. I just got one and mine is bent in the EXACT same spot. Did you have to bend the bracket to make it work?

Mine arrived that way, looks like it got damaged a bit during transit.  I may have bent it back a little, but that wasn't really an issue. 
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 08:23:36 PM »
You may want to share that information with the seller.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk