News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:02:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Out with the old in with the new.  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Out with the old in with the new.
« on: March 19, 2019, 02:18:59 PM »
I joined the forum very recently. I undertook a project that my dad had purchased and left to return to Mother Earth. And now after hours of activity, and unanswered questions and forums. Its sad to say, but I think this will be the end of the forums... Great stories to be shared here, and lots of knowledge. Its sad to watch something so prominent to us become obsolete and fade into nonexistence. Ill continue to be active until I have the project finished. But man, Cant help but feel its just a matter of time.

Offline TheBirdman

• huffs gear oil
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • that noise? that ll go away.
Re: Out with the old in with the new.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 10:47:05 AM »
It really is a shame that this place is turning into a ghost town. Ive seen more than a few instances of younger guys picking up eagles for various reasons( including me), and it seems like theres not much left from the last wave of eagle popularity. It seems the wheel of old things becoming popular again is rolling around to the 80s. I got my eagle from an old guy who was getting rid of his collection, and a while later he told me he sold his other two rollers to some guys who seemed pretty psyched for eagles. I daily mine, and every time I park it in front of an auto parts store, I go in and 1-3 people usually comment on how cool it is, or mention they (or a friend or family) used to have one back in the day, and talk about how much they loved it. This thing gets more attention than tricked out trucks and perfect condition corvettes.

I just hope all the useful information in this forum sticks around. Id hate to see it all go down someday.
83 eagle wagon 4.0

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: Out with the old in with the new.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:50:51 AM »
For sure. Lots of valuable info here. and you're right. The things parked in our backyard and people stop daily wanting to buy it. Definitely an attention grabber. I really hope there is a resurgence of these kinds of things. Im tired of a market oversaturated with crossover's and hybrids. I hope people start driving things that have a little more character.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk