EAGLE'S DEN FAMILY > Off topic

Easter Jeep Safari Concepts. What would you like to see produced?

(1/1)

89 MJ:
I feel like the last few years of EJS concept vehicles have been lacking. For the most part, they seem like production vehicles with bolt ons. My favorite one is the Willys Dispatcher because it seems to be the one that is truest to what Jeeps were about 20+ years ago.

1st: 2016 Short Cut Concept
2nd: 2024 EJS Concepts
3rd: Wagoneer Vacationeer
4th: Wrangler Low Down
5th: Gladiator Rubicon High Top
6th: Willys Dispatcher

I would really like to see a production version of something like the 2016 Short Cut concept. For a daily driver for me (and probably lots of people), there is not much reason for more than two seats. I'd love to see a Wrangler that's even shorter than the current two door and comes extremely basic. I'm talking like a radio, doors, a top, cruise control, air conditioning and a back seat are options. Just give me a small Jeep, a 4 cylinder, 6 speed stick, and a Dana 44 in the rear at a reasonable price (no reason something like this should be more than $20,000) and I'd be happy. What would other people like to see Jeep put into production?

vangremlin:
I think something small would make sense.  These days its always the "bigger is better" mentality.  The Ford Maverick truck is a good example of people wanting something small.

I know it's not a Jeep, but I would like to see something like the IH Scout updated and brought back.  I guess Volkswagen owns the name and may bring something out but don't know that there are any real plans to do that.

89 MJ:

--- Quote from: vangremlin on March 28, 2024, 11:23:27 AM ---I think something small would make sense.  These days its always the "bigger is better" mentality.  The Ford Maverick truck is a good example of people wanting something small.

I know it's not a Jeep, but I would like to see something like the IH Scout updated and brought back.  I guess Volkswagen owns the name and may bring something out but don't know that there are any real plans to do that.

--- End quote ---

The Maverick is a great example. And it looks like we’ll be seeing a Scout in the next few years as an EV SUV
https://www.scoutmotors.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version