News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 28, 2024, 10:52:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMCs in the media  (Read 295018 times)

68AMXGOPAC

Re: AMCs in the media
« Reply #420 on: February 06, 2012, 10:38:29 AM »
Watching Car Crazy last night. they were in Puerto Rico. A guy had a 79 AMX - totally sweet.I saw it in the background several times, and was happy when they finally did show it up close and talk to the guy.Not sure if it was an old episode or not.

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #421 on: February 06, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »
Don't know if this counts or not, but while playing around on You Tube the other day, I found a song with video called Nash Rambler. Shows several pictures of them. Not sure if it's okay to post it here or not, so I'll skip posting it.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #422 on: February 07, 2012, 12:08:42 AM »
This is not really in the media, but I am student teaching this semester.  We are working on multi-digit multiplication problems in my fifth grade math class.  I wrote 10 story problems for a review station I am doing tomorrow.  I foresee an AMC Education session in the very near future.  I included the Eagle in one problem.  The students have to calculate the mileage per tank of my saturn and my Eagle and let me know which vehicle can go further on a single tank of gas. 

Answer: The Saturn has the Eagle beat by 68 miles per tank (using EPA estimates).  Of course the Eagle has a larger tank than the eagle by 6 or 7 gallons.  But I am liking I found a way to work the Eagle into a lesson.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #423 on: February 07, 2012, 11:18:16 AM »
This is not really in the media, but I am student teaching this semester.  We are working on multi-digit multiplication problems in my fifth grade math class.  I wrote 10 story problems for a review station I am doing tomorrow.  I foresee an AMC Education session in the very near future.  I included the Eagle in one problem.  The students have to calculate the mileage per tank of my saturn and my Eagle and let me know which vehicle can go further on a single tank of gas. 

Answer: The Saturn has the Eagle beat by 68 miles per tank (using EPA estimates).  Of course the Eagle has a larger tank than the eagle by 6 or 7 gallons.  But I am liking I found a way to work the Eagle into a lesson.
That's awesome.  ;D 

Gotta teach the new generation somehow!
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

rohnk

« Reply #424 on: February 07, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
How about the Bond classic "The Man with the Golden Gun". Roger Moore drove a Hornet and there are other AMC vehicles in the movie. One of the biggest scenes is where the Hornet was sent spiraling into the water during a car chase.

Look up "AMC Hornet" on Google and look for the link to Wikipedia. It tells all about Hornet's place in the movie and where the actual car he drove is stored.

Prafeston

« Reply #425 on: February 07, 2012, 04:32:08 PM »
If you are ever curious about any vehicles seen on TV or in Movies there is a really cool site that is the IMDB of cars...coincidentally it is called IMCDB :)

http://www.imcdb.org/

You can look up any car and see what movies it's been in.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #426 on: February 08, 2012, 12:52:13 AM »
Hey, thats a really cool sight...Looks like a concord sundancer even made it onto the big screen.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #427 on: March 11, 2012, 09:14:46 PM »
Probably been posted already, but I just finished watching Convoy. Arizona was using AMCs (Matadors?) in the movie.

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #428 on: March 11, 2012, 09:48:14 PM »
Not sure if this counts as "the Media". Just saw this on "You Tube". Maybe somebody here?

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #429 on: March 11, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »
yeah that car belongs to Eagle Kammback, one of our members.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #430 on: March 18, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
I watched the movie Playing For Keeps and I noticed a 1980 Wagon on a dirt road and a Concord or Eagle coupe parked on a street. A few frames after the coupe was an AMC Spirit or SX4 in a parking lot. I was really thrilled over this!  ;D
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #431 on: March 19, 2012, 01:08:50 AM »
Don't know if this counts or not, but while playing around on You Tube the other day, I found a song with video called Nash Rambler. Shows several pictures of them. Not sure if it's okay to post it here or not, so I'll skip posting it.

posting You tube videos and direct links here it totally cool.

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #432 on: March 19, 2012, 08:20:57 PM »

posting You tube videos and direct links here it totally cool.

Thanks for the info. Whuntmore!! Still consider myself more or less a  :newbie: here. Trying to keep my nose clean & not upset "The Powers That Be". I'll go back & find it.

Here's the one I watched. They have different versions. One has some shots of a NICE old Rambler.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:25:15 PM by 1OldFordMan »

Offline carguy87

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #433 on: March 20, 2012, 10:59:38 AM »
Watching "The Walking Dead" Sunday night, I believe I seen an old AMC Eagle Wagon in the background.  Kind of hard to tell because it was soo dark, I'll try to get a ss :)

Prafeston

« Reply #434 on: March 20, 2012, 11:16:02 AM »
During the season finale? I was watching that too. I thought I saw an Eagle wagon, but after a hare look...or another angle or something I decided it wasn't.

Watching the first couple episodes of Heroes on Netflix the other day one of the main characters drives a Gremlin!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk