News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XJ headlight wiring to Eagle headlights  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
XJ headlight wiring to Eagle headlights
« on: December 03, 2014, 11:16:20 AM »
I'm doing the headlights on the Eagle, connecting the XJ wiring to the Eagle headlights.

Any time the low beams are on I still have a very dim light on in the high beams, high beams work fine. I haven't had much time to dedicate to this.

Anyone have any idea, after looking at the schematics of the lights, what to hook up where?

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: XJ headlight wiring to Eagle headlights
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:08:12 PM »
Sounds like a loose ground in the headlight circuit. I would use the relays from an XJ to set up my own harness. Renix rigs can burn up the headlight switch (I found out as flaming chunks came off mine while cruising at 70 mph)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 01:10:18 PM »
Mine is ODB1, I just cobbled stuff together to get them to work.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 01:30:45 PM »
I don't know what year they went to actual headlight relays, but I would without hesitation!
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk