News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 18, 2024, 09:03:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What you've all been waiting for... Details for the 2011 Int'l Eagle Nest Meet!  (Read 33066 times)

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 179
I am still planning on being there Friday morning.  I have to head out Saturday morning however.  I have to be in a suburb of Chicago after lunch time.  Short trip, but I am planning on making it. 

Of course I cannot get my Eagle to start right now (of course, everytime one of the other cars goes down for a repair the Eagle has to get jealous), so I hope this doesn't seriously eat into my trip fund.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
No worries guys, all is well here. Just trying to keep my priorities in line. Ran into some issues last November that I'm still digging myself out of... one being the time I spent on the Nest. Not that I don't love you guys but I think you all know what I mean when I say that I have to keep the wheels turning in the real world or else our Midwest Sanctuary is going to go "poof" if you catch my drift.

Yes, spending alot of time working on my school stuff and maintaining my 4.0... actually just made the Dean's list. Just got my letter today! Still not working and though I finally got my unemployment - it wasn't as much as planned and it didn't go as far as expected. That's typical I suppose. There's never enough money, lol! The house is still not done and still hasn't been finalized. I still don't have cement in the barn. It was all supposed to happen in June or July but because Shelly switched jobs, the bank freaked out and they now want her employed for 6mo solid even though she's been steadily emplyed for last 11 years. Oh well. Now everything has been post-poned until February. But, I'm hanging in there and rolling with the punches coming back with fists'a flyin like the Itallian Stallion baby!

So rest assured, nothing about the Meet has been post-poned or anything like that. We're still on and everything is going as planned. I did hope for a bit more excitement and participation this year and jumped through some extra hoops to arrange some really cool suprises for the Cordova part of the Meet... but if people don't show - we'll miss them, but it's their loss. Them's the breaks ya know? It'll all work out and we'll still have fun even if it's just the four of us!!

The T-Shirt design is almost finished and I will be having them printed within the next week or two.

My AutoZone donation has been approved and I'll be picking that up this week for the goodie bags.

Brandon has donated what's left of his goodie bags from last year, I've added a few things to them and I'm hoping to get the bags that Doug has leftover from the first two Meets.

Waiting on a response from Rockauto for a gift card to give away.

I've been in touch with the guys from Cordova and there will be a special Eagle division this year. I don't want to give away the suprises in store... but I really hope most reconsider showing up. Especially if they/you have a really nice Eagle. This year will probably mark a yearly event at Cordova if things go over well. Several months ago we had alot of interest in the Meet this year so I really pushed for some cool stuff at Cordova and they made the arrangements... they only asked that we had enough Eagles show up to make the extra stuff worth the work. I'm confident that everything will go over smoothly and I'm really looking forward to it.

I've been working really hard on the yard for the campers. Getting the barn arranged for everyone and clearing out space for us to hang out and work on our Eagles. Trying to arrange the parts cars and clean up around them so that you guys can get to them easily and sort through parts with ease. I will be offering a substantial discount to all arrivals for any parts that want to buy while they're here.

Anyone that wishes to make a donation to Eagle Nest website can do so and send me the confirmation email and I will give them in-store credit towards anything for sale in the Sanctuary. All donations must be made to the Nest via the "donate" button BEFORE the Meet. All donations made to the Nest will recieve a 25/100 ratio that I'll match you on. Meaning that if you donate $100 to the Nest here, then you will have $125 credit for parts/labor when you arrive at the Meet (or to save and use at a future date). I'm really too poor to donate much of anything myself these days, but I can at least encourage others and offer my time/parts to help out. So take advantage while you can!

Just like last year, we will also offer a discount on the T-Shirts this year for pre-orders. Also, something to mention. This year, we are producing a significantly smaller number of shirts due to rising costs and lack of interest. So if you really want a shirt then you may really want to consider the pre-order - plus it saves you money!

Rest assured, everything is going good and I will post more details on these updates soon! Stay tuned!
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
Congrats on the Dean's list.  I used to make the Dean's list regularly.  He does keep several kinds of lists, you know! :'(
So far it looks like we'll have 2 Eagles there;  Rollguy's and our 83, which is far from a show car.
Providing, of course, that ours makes it all the way there and we don't spend the days trying to get it and us back home.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
If it's just the three of us - so be it! We'll still have fun! I really have alot to do and I was going to not really work on the wagon much before the Meet... but now since I'm thinking it will be a small turn-out...

I may just have to pull some of that "mavericke-last-minute-"omg-he's-actually-going-to-try-it"-magic"

Ugh... I'm starting to get the "itch"... I haven't actually worked on any of my rides since the last Meet. I've got a long ways to go on Pat's wagon too and it's already behind schedule but hoping to get it done sooner than later... so... we'll see.... hmm....
The AMC Eagle

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
Brandon is to be there Friday and leave Saturday.  He's coming without his Eagle.

Rollguy is coming through in his Eagle on his way back to CA from the east coast.  I'm not sure of the dates.

WonderEAGLE and I will be there Thursday in our 83 wagon, the one you saw at Omaha (if we make it at all) and leave Sunday.  When we leave Sunday I hope to have 2 "new" doors installed and take back a cargo cover and bumper corner that I just discovered that I need.  No telling what else I'll find that I need in the next 3 weeks. :o
We have a reservation at Holiday Inn Express in Galesburg.  We're not into camping these last many years, but are certainly willing to hang out around a camp fire and sing coom by ya (or whatever).  I used to know a few drinking songs.
I expect to have to swap mirrors, door lock, maybe door panel and speaker.  The speaker in the front passenger door is the only one that works.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
Yeah the only chance that I would be able to bring the Eagle is if something changes and my daughter does not come with me.  Right now it looks like my wife is coming too.  If that is the case I am now a little short of the money I need.  If it is just me and my daughter I am good to go.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline SleepsUnderCars

• Eagle crazy
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 62
  • the last truckload of Eagles ?
okay....well.....ummmm
I may be there after all. With my Eagle. It all depends on when the training starts for the new job. If it's the 12th I can do it, but if it's sooner I am out. All I have been told so far is that it will be after Labor day. So keep your fingers crossed, Mav.
tentative plans would be for me to drop this truck off in eastern PA on thursday morning, run home, take a short nap and then run all night to be there sometime friday morning. Would probably leave straight from Cordova so I can be well rested for start of new job.
I should have an answer within the next two weeks.
'81 AMC EAGLE KAMMBACK rustbucket - off road only
'84 AMC EAGLE SEDAN
'68 Rambler Rogue 
'88 Dodge Ramcharger 
'07 Chrysler Pacifica (family hauler)
'80 AMC Spirit   ** FOR SALE **
'85 EAGLE WAGON sport   -bad frame future project

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
Hope to see you there.
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

Offline mramc

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
I just PM'ed Maverick that I have the entry forms done for the NAMDRA end of the deal at the Cordova drag way for the race car show and swap meet on Saturday. Unfortunately the photo web sites DO NOT let you post a PDF from a photo site, at least I've not found a way. I have to be done with some who has server access.  Hope to see a lot of you there. LRDaum National Vice-president NAMDRA (1983 Eagle Station Wagon)

Offline mramc

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Ok, I'm going to post the entry forms for the AMC Nationals here in jpeg format for any one who is interested. thanks LRDaum

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
Does anyone from MO or IL have any suggestions about routes?  I've done extensive research on Google Maps and I'm going to pull out my stack of hard copy maps.
We prefer to stay off interstates so we won't feel compelled to push the 28 year old buggy too hard.  We will be coming from Little Rock and I plan to take US 67 as far as practical.  My question is what to do when we near St. Louis.  If there is no good way around, would it be better to take the outer loop or go straight through?  I don't know what time we'll get that far but we'll leave Little Rock probably about 8 AM on a Wednesday morning.  It looks to be about 350 miles to St. Louis.
Tips appreciated.
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
I'm not much for HWYs... I'm an interstate guy no matter what I'm driving, lol! But once you hit St Louey it's pretty much a straight shot which ever way you go.
The AMC Eagle

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
Yeah, the only question I have is St. Louis.  I'm considering 255 around the east side and back to 67>41.
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
86 wagon parts car

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
Yeah, the only question I have is St. Louis.  I'm considering 255 around the east side and back to 67>41.

1OldFordMan would be the one to ask about St. Louis.  I'll send him this topic on facebook and see if he can advise.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
Mavericke what I sent you was just the left over flyers.  It wasn't much. IowaEagle has the left over bags from the Omaha Meet that I put together.  There is quite a bi of stuff in there.  I think there are 15 or so.  I can't remember. 

Did you get a hold of Rock Auto?

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk