News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 20, 2024, 05:49:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Priya's SX/4 project  (Read 339478 times)

Offline MortenB

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
Re: Priya's SX/4 project
« Reply #750 on: January 28, 2014, 10:22:36 AM »
Priya,  how about a set of aluminum centercaps for your wheels?  I just got the first set completed, and can have more made; as many as are needed.

see pictures here:
http://forums.amcevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1864
1983 Eagle SX/4, 6cyl 5 speed
1970 Camaro (undergoing restoration)
1964 Lincoln Continental Convertible
1992 Chevrolet Blazer EV conversion; 100% ELECTRIC car, daily driver
1996 VW Golf Citistromer; 100% ELECTRIC car, daily driver

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #751 on: January 28, 2014, 10:48:55 AM »
Yes, I'd like that Morten.  My husband has started making a set for me but he's gotten stalled on them and I'm still waiting.  Do you have a pictue of them you can post here, I'm not a member of AMCevolution.

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #752 on: January 28, 2014, 11:18:03 AM »
If you don't mind I'd like to see a set also.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #753 on: January 28, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »
You have to be signed in to view? They look great!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline MortenB

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #754 on: January 28, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »
Send me an email and I'll send pix.  mbusklein at gmail dot com

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #755 on: January 29, 2014, 02:59:57 AM »

HI  the caps are nice ..Can you make some caps for other stiles of wheels ...like the 1999 jeep  turbine wheels
like I have for my 83 eagle ...don ; 

;D                                      ;D                                                 ;D                                                         ;D
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #756 on: February 05, 2014, 04:09:51 PM »

HI   did you get my P M and what do you thank ......don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline MortenB

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #757 on: February 05, 2014, 04:15:45 PM »
I'm sure they can be made, but I don't have a sample to go from.  Not sure how those look.   

The ones for the Eagle 5 spokes will have to sell for $500 per set.  Not sure if there are enough people willing to spend that much.  I have to make 7 sets to get the price down to $500/set.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #758 on: February 05, 2014, 04:26:28 PM »
HI you are right about that I could not pay that ....thank you .......don 

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #759 on: February 05, 2014, 04:32:56 PM »
I'm sure they can be made, but I don't have a sample to go from.  Not sure how those look.   

The ones for the Eagle 5 spokes will have to sell for $500 per set.  Not sure if there are enough people willing to spend that much.  I have to make 7 sets to get the price down to $500/set.

Wowzers! Yeah, don't count on finding 7 people to pay $500 bucks for caps. Is it material cost or labor that's so expensive?
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline MortenB

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #760 on: February 06, 2014, 10:01:52 AM »
Mostly it's the labor. 

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #761 on: April 17, 2014, 11:34:24 PM »

:amc:                                                                                                                                                                                       :amc:
                 HAY   Priya no hear from you in a long time ....I was just wondering how things were going after this long winter ....and if you found what you were looking for ....I keep going through the picts of that beautiful car of yours  cant weight to get started on mine .....Talk to me girl ,,,,I am in a good mood .............don       

:amc:                                                                                                                                                                                       :amc:

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #762 on: April 18, 2014, 04:49:09 PM »
Hi Don,

Things are going well.  All the snow melted, but its snowing today.  I'm trying to get a few paint scratches touched up before I put the car away for the summer.  I'm driving it another month and then it swaps places with the Corvette.  Hubby's got the garage taken up with his truck now, he's putting a new motor in it and putting port fuel injection on a 4 barrel manifold, megasquirt computer, coil on plug ignition, a pre-oiling system where he can pump oil through the motor before he starts it, and so on.   Still haven't taken the holley off to see if its full of rust sludge again but its been running pretty well other than a brief bit of rough idle when the motor is partially warm.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #763 on: April 18, 2014, 06:33:36 PM »

HI Priya Its good to hear every thing is doing well ..I looked at the weather map to see what kind of weather you were getting ....snow yesterday and snow today to ....I don't know if that snow is getting to the ground or not .....
          That is a large undertaking ward is taking on ....But if he couldn't do it he would not have started it  that is what
          I would like to do to silver....I don't like carburetors at all ....Injection is the way to go and the pre-oiling system
          is good for cold weather ....the coil-over plug system is the way to go ....he is going to have a crank sensor
          some where that is interesting ....you have the wheels turning now ....I don't know how that rust-slug gets in
          the carb I have two filters on mine and it still gets in there .....Ask Ward if he would let me know how that comes out....................don   

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #764 on: April 19, 2014, 01:18:49 PM »
The snow is hitting the ground but it'll be gone today or tomorrow as its warming up again.  Ward's got a milling machine and he milled teeth in the 360's harmonic balancer to provide a crank sensor.  I've got two filters on my eagle as well, apparently the rust sludge particles are fine enough to get through both.  Although they're not blocked I'm going to try changing both filters anyway and see if that helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk