News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 12:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Break light help  (Read 2419 times)

Offline amcman73

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
Break light help
« on: January 11, 2015, 04:52:23 PM »
So my tail light went out on my 81 SX/4. I went and got a new break light switch and wile i was getting ready to fix  it and so noticed that  the wiring plug in on the Break light switch had a wire  was broke . So i took it apart to also replace the switch also  and re-connected the wire to the connector . I still dont have break lights and cant figure out what i am doing wrong the fuse is good and the bulbs are good. Any pictures of  the switch all tougher would also be a great help I have a mess going on.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: Break light help
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 05:07:11 PM »
  Found in the AMC Eagles Den Eaglepedia.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:03:55 PM »
does your car have cruise control? since it is a sx4, I wonder if the turn signal switch is part of the circuit? on my jeep, if I have the hazards on and hit the brake light switch, it affects the whole circuit. how do the turn signals work in the sx4? the large eagles I know use a separate bulb for the turn signal, but are the small eagles set up the same way, or do they share the brake and turn light?
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 01:49:23 PM »
Small Eagles are the same as the big Eagles from the A pillar forward, including controls.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »
If you have cruise, there may be 2 switches. Brake lights and cruise are conjoined but signals are their own circuit. Do the 4 way flashers work? Do they stop blinking when you hit the brake (that's normal) Check for power to the switch first.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk