News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 02:56:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LPG Eagle from germany  (Read 8533 times)

Offline germaneagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • LPG conversions help save the planet! Please ask!
    • my business page - LPG conversions / electronic diagnosis
Re: LPG Eagle from germany
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 12:16:00 PM »
i heard that cast iron welding is sometimes a risk too... so i decided to the easy and cheaper method with liquid metall. We would see what was happend...
I'm courios about my increase of the higher CR - did anyone lift the CR over 10:1 with the old |6?

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 05:19:20 PM »
Me with my stroker. Almost 11:1 which is about all the 4.0L Hypereutec pistons can handle. I have to restrict the timing curve to kill ping and I'm running NGK BKR6EK plugs to handle the rest (no EGR function)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline germaneagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »
Hey Eagle fans
here my new updates about my conversion. The conversion takes more time that i belive it.

my new trigger wheel for the megasquirt EFI :

The throttle linkage was self made to match the stock TV cable :

Exhaust knee was made from a 90° piece cutted in half and welded together.

The new valve cover was also installed now, so the rest of mounting the other parts can began right now ...

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 10:28:16 PM »
Nice progress. Did you have that wheel custom made or is it something you where able to buy? I planned on using the stock distributor and the MSD box I have for ignition, but a trigger wheel is a little more accurate as long as the rubber in the damper isn't too worn out.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

amcconcord

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 03:11:29 AM »
Hello, a bit confused?

My 1979 Silver 25 year Concord and 1980 Two door coupe Eagle, run on gasoline,LPG, and LNG, from factory, bought that way?
!979 Concord bought in Nov 1978, 1980 Eagle Bought in Oct 1979.
When I get home will post pictures of both.
I have a 18 gallon Gasoline tank and 15 each LPG and LNG I flip a switch over the 4 wheel drive switch from gasoline to LNG or LPG.
The office on to of carb slide and damper flipps for different office size.
I can drive from RI to Ocla FL without stopping, for fuel, ever?
Why is the convert so hard to do, I bought both cars new, as where purchased from dealer.
What am I missing??????
Ken

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 07:42:20 AM »
He's doing a 4.0l head swap and going with fuel injection instead of carb. Even with a carb, a LPG retro fit takes some work.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline germaneagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 05:52:54 PM »
hi eaglefreak
the trigger wheel is from ebay and the adapter is seldmade - no problems with the damper because it holds from the 3 scews in the inner circle from the damper - takes about 3 hours machine work to make the adapter plate.

at Ken
please post the pics from your car!
The hard work isn't the conversion thats already done since 2 yrs and it drive like a charm!
The hard work is only for the head swap / porting head / some manufacturing for the EFI conversion and some other stuff.
The car comes from suisse and here in Germany we have nearly no amc's and already no LPG or LNG converted cars at all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk