News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 04:19:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Summer Job!  (Read 110508 times)

Offline Baskinator

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Limerick, PA
Re: Summer Job!
« Reply #315 on: September 01, 2012, 10:07:18 PM »
I thought it was ironic that one showed up right next to me, so I had to take a picture. It's SOOO tiny haha.
1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (Work In Progress)

Photobucket Album: http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/Baskinator/

Offline Baskinator

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Limerick, PA
« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2013, 04:13:37 PM »
Thought I'd update after a year so my thread doesn't disappear. The Eagle is now painted with new turbine style wheels and General Grabber AT/2 tires. I am humble to have won October EOTM over at the AMC EVO forum, but I still have a long way to go with the car. The auto choke isn't working right now and I've been getting terrible gas mileage in the cold weather, let alone poor starting. Otherwise it's been relatively reliable and I still drive 100 miles one way home every few weeks. I was able to get it to pass inspection again this year luckily. I welded the rear section of the exhaust to replace the crappy clamps, and replaced a ball joint with a torn boot. I had to put in new leaf springs to replace the old, cracked, decaying springs. This is what the one side looked like when I took off the helper springs:

The other side just fell apart when I took off the u-bolts.

As you can see, I was lucky to score a rear sway bar off a wagon at the junkyard with all the hardware for $28! Put on a cheap set of fog lights I had laying around too, but someone freakin busted one off in the parking lot outside my apartment.

Here's a recent shot of the old bird

1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (Work In Progress)

Photobucket Album: http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/Baskinator/

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #317 on: December 02, 2013, 04:20:41 PM »
Nice SX/4.  Hopefully no more posts will disappear around here.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2014, 04:03:27 PM »
Your car is looking really good.  Glad to see it's been reliable for you.
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2014, 04:28:23 PM »
I can confirm this car looks as good in person as in pictures. He has done a helluva job with it.
My list of my cars/toys (or toys at my disposal!)

1985 AMC Eagle Sportwagon
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville
 1962 Cruisers Inc Mahogany Outboard

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Click for Akron, Ohio Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline Baskinator4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #320 on: December 25, 2017, 02:12:06 PM »
I can't believe it's been 4 years since I've posted on this thread. I have come a long way, but of course I'm still struggling with things. I would like to start updating my thread again periodically, just as soon as I figure out how to post photos (since Photobucket took a dump on us all). Facebook just doesn't cut it for me.

I've got a number of great "upgrades" and neat features added to the car, and I can't wait to start sharing.

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2017, 04:44:02 PM »
Below your posting box if you click attachments and other options you can direct post pictures here. That opens up a thing than go to where your pic is stored and select. No third party required. More safe that way.

Manitowoc WI

Offline Baskinator4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #322 on: December 26, 2017, 09:08:08 PM »
Wow that's great, thanks for the tip!

Here's my bird now
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:32:23 PM by Baskinator4 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk