News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 18, 2024, 05:24:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: British Columbia  (Read 7039 times)

1988eagle

British Columbia
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:19:30 PM »
 :amc: Vancouver

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: British Columbia
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:34:24 PM »
1988eagle, that is a very nice looking Eagle in a great setting.  Thanks for sharing.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

1988eagle

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »
@ Regalwizard
I love those black Eagles too although ours is dark blue.  I saw a flat black sport wagon parked near Oak street and 12th ave a few months ago, and friend of mine saw the same one more recently. I figure it's from out of town.  I left a note on the window but never heard back.  Then I found this one out in Salmon Arm.  I know 3 daily driven Eagles in Vancouver (our blue one, a white one, and brown w/wood, all wagons).  This is what a stock eagle with saggy springs looks like! I've seen some of your other pictures from Shawnigan Lake and they are inspiring.  Soon to come are some new springs with a little lift, some new shocks, and All Terrain T/A's on some plain black wheels.  Then I'll get some off road pics up.

@ vangremlin
Thanks

Offline Bird-o-Prey

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 39
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 03:31:46 AM »
Here is a picture of my 2 1984 Limited's at my buddies place in Maple Ridge.

I met someone else the other day who has a 1980 wagon that he bought new (major rot on the drivers side upper control arm to the point of needing a donor car for the front end from the A pillar forward!).  Actually, it's funny who drives these things.  The fellow is from one of the founding families in Vancouver and they've been around for almost 100 years.  Richer than Davy Crocket and yet his favorite car is his Eagle.  Go figure.

Cheers
No matter how bad YOU think it is ... it could always be WORSE!!

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »
I love that license plate frame - "I'd rather be watching The Littlest Hobo".  ;D

I actually did watch that as a kid.
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

1988eagle

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 05:02:01 PM »
@ El Matador
Yeah best show ever!  I was born in '78 and grew up watching the second series.

@ Bird-o-Prey
Are you the one out by 41st ave?  Did I see you drive by on East Hastings a few weeks ago?  You, driving west between Commercial and Clark, I was the goofball heading east honkin' and wavin'!

@ Regalwizard
Right on.  I'll check out the Jeep club.  The guy that drives the white one is nice dude.  He lives in the Commercial Drive area, and he also has an '88 Eagle in storage.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 09:26:29 PM »
@ El Matador
Yeah best show ever!  I was born in '78 and grew up watching the second series.

Holy crap you're young.  I still remember watching the first series, before 1979 when the 2nd series came out.  I course it was re-runs, but they only had a first series then.  I was born in the 60's.

Offline Bird-o-Prey

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 39
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 05:37:10 PM »
Could have been me.  I live in Maple Ridge, but I get around all over the city since I do mobile insurance dleiveries.  There is another fellow I know of (also in Maple Ridge last time I spoke to him) with a brown 83 limited wagon as well.  I have seen a few AMC's here about.

Offline EaglePilot

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 02:00:47 AM »
Last year I spoke with 2 owners of Eagle wagons in Abbotsford.
One of them (on Hillcrest rd) had 1 (with electrical problems), the other one (on Downes Rd) had 2 (or was it 3) .

Offline Bird-o-Prey

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 39
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 06:32:01 PM »
EaglePilot,

Do you have any contact info for the Abbotsford eagles?

1988eagle

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 10:37:38 AM »
 :amc:  1980 2 Door Sedan Sport
East Hastings Street, Vancouver

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 11:11:58 AM »
Wow, you left it parked on East Hastings Street (at night, no less) and it still has wheels on it?  ;D
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

1988eagle

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 12:14:04 PM »
Ha Ha... yeah I'm a risk taker...  If I wasn't I wouldn't have either of my Eagles, both of which I found and drove back from the interior in rough shape.  Seriously though, don't believe the hype.  Abbotsford is a far more dangerous place than the Downtown Eastside.

It is lifted a little, blocks up front and an extra leaf in the back.  It is in quite good shape overall but still has some major issues.  Burns a lot of oil,  I'm planing a motor rebuild, the front end needs some more work (pitman arm, bushings, assorted this and that) rear brake job, transmission has me concerned, and the sun roof is totaly F-ed and siliconed all to Hades.  It is, however, nearly rust free!

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 11:00:09 PM »
Nice! I may be driving mine up by Christmas.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline EaglePilot

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 05:15:00 AM »
EaglePilot,

Do you have any contact info for the Abbotsford eagles?

No I don't, sorry, but I should be able to find them on Google maps if you like.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk