News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:23:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wish I had known about the Sanctuary sooner!  (Read 4034 times)

Offline RookieSX/4

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Wish I had known about the Sanctuary sooner!
« on: November 09, 2015, 08:00:25 PM »
had an 81.5 SX/4 sport that i had purchased just for a few parts. It was rotting away in my uncles backyard for a number of years before he sent it to the scrap yard...

But anyway I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but awhile back (probably 2010) I posted a thread in the old forum about a lot located near my college with at least 30 vehicles. MOST of them Eagles! and if i recall correctly they were all in very good condition. I remember there also being a couple Grand Wagoneers, a Rambler and maybe 4 or 5 other various cars. The cars were parked on both sides of an old house in downtown Lima, Ohio. I went to the property to take some photos and a man came out telling me to leave. All i could get out of him was that the cars belonged to his father-in-law and that they weren't for sale. I don't know the current status of this lot but it always broke my heart to drive past it and see all those beautiful eagles sitting just awaiting their demise. In my mind i had always fantasized a bunch of us getting together with trailers and flatbeds, showing up to the spot to rescue them and take them somewhere they could be restored/appreciated. I currently cant find any of those photos i had taken but ill keep looking and post them on here if i do. The last time i saw the place was late 2011...
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4 w/2.5l Iron Duke and no 2wd-4wd switch!

Offline JayRamb

• ELLA THE EAGLE & EDWIN THE EAGLE
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 30
  • AMC passion for over 32 years. BIG advocate!
    • UPDATED!!  1967 Rambler Rebel weebly website
Re: Wish I had known about the Sanctuary sooner!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 09:45:40 PM »
I've done this before...I've found out the location of where I passed Ramblers, called, even wrote a letter explaining if you would or wouldn't sell yet, please don't crush them for they are being survived and restored. I also put in there, they aren't worth a lot of money, but MORE than scrap price. :) 8)
Jayson H.
Best HWY Mileage of 87 Eagle:  26.2 MPG

Believer in AMSOIL & Seafoam
1987 Garnet Red Eagle Wagon: 70,500 miles
1967 Rambler Rebel 4 Door 290 V8 (original family car) Marina Aqua 142K miles
1985 Eagle Wagon in Autumn Brown 74,800 miles as my daily driver
SOLD 1984 Black Eagle Limited w/Tach & gauge cluster: 245,100 miles SOLD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk