News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:18:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alternator w/air, 1985 Eagle  (Read 9928 times)

Offline Gil-SX4

• International Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • December-2003
Re: Alternator w/air, 1985 Eagle
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 03:06:21 AM »
Ken,
After being sick for awhile some time back, and so was Doug with his open heart! I fully understand your frustration on know it  all techs try to milk jobs and really have no idea of which there job depends. "Good Car Repair tactic's" We need you here though and hope you off set your frustration to others you can depend on, such as your wife, or your twin brother, the diagrams on this simple task speak for themselves.
I do not like the idea you get so worked up that you almost get a heart attack!  There must be other members in your area, looking at the map of member locations of where they live, some are close, and I am sure if you offered if excepted gas money for the short trip to install the belt, would be worth allot in you not getting sick and others getting to know you!  I know when we talked a year ago about importance of history and why I came back here was to preserve history of this site, create a friendly place for people to come discuss Eagles and things, and keep the sharing of info alive. But its a place were we need to express ourselves also and to support each other, after much problems with my health, I can not do what I did before and had to learn to slow down, it can be depressing at times, but trust me you will live longer becoming a bit more slowed down, you have had near death of a Cancer you fight of which I have no idea how you fight just that each day and night, I also know your first fight with health way back is your weak heart, you if I remember right wear are kept alive by two pace makers, don't let others who have no idea of right and wrong get you down! I am in T.X. and wish also I could have helped you. In basic think of it this way, you helped others in your area, to stay away from that repair shop, if they can't change belts on these simple older cars, how will a new car look after they did a brake job or installed new tires?   :police: :lurk:
Rick Perry President of The Republic Of Texas,
Wants You.
Enlist in the Texas Arm Forces.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands:
     one Nation under God, indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all."

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one and indivisible."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
1985 Chevrolet C-10 Silverado
1995 Ford Aspire
1978 Ford Bronco

Murphy's Law
"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it".

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Alternator w/air, 1985 Eagle
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 10:46:34 AM »
I too wish I was closer. I do what I can on my own rigs still (shop wanted $350 to lower the rad in mine! I re-drilled the holes without pulling it yesterday so now my hood closes all the way)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk