News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:39:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Finally going for paint after 5 years  (Read 1490 times)

Offline milliard431

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • Robs1980eagle
Finally going for paint after 5 years
« on: November 15, 2011, 07:14:54 PM »
It has taken me this long going back and forth over changing the color or keeping it the original two tone brown. I have noticed over the past 6 months that almost all makers are bringing back some version of a brown paint color to their line up including high end makers. I always worried that keeping the browns would hurt it's value and it's appeal. Then the other day I happened to open the trunk outside with the sun shining directly on it and realized how nice the lighter brown was when new. After several PM's with Tenn farmer I just said the heck with it and got some prices. Now the only problem is that after searching unsuccessfully for a how to video on removing the Eagle's trim over the past few years I am afraid I would risk bending it. Especially the wide landau top trim which is like showsroom condition. Too my surprise almost every body shop is just as afraid to touch it as I am. I would have never believed this were it not for my experiences as of late. Only the $3000 restoration shop said it what no big deal so I guess I will have to go with having it masked off. This really bums me out but if I bend them I will be stuck, especially since mine are the 1 year only 1980 trims. All the others are just peal off.

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk