News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 25, 2024, 05:12:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Injecting the Eagle  (Read 3403 times)

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Injecting the Eagle
« on: November 17, 2011, 12:05:06 AM »
It's been a long term goal of mine to add fuel injection to my Eagle. My ideal setup is a 4.2 block, 4.0 HO head with the Renix injection system.

Anybody here go down this road already? Any good write-ups? My goal is best possible MPG. I have also given some thought to the TBI systems, fuel mileage wise which is best? Currently have an automatic but would like to switch to an AX15.
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Injecting the Eagle
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 11:45:31 AM »
I'm in the process, but running HO efi with a renix intake (unless I score a late model 00 up intake)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 12:05:56 AM »
I'm in the process, but running HO efi with a renix intake (unless I score a late model 00 up intake)

Do you have a build thread? I'd be VERY interested to follow your progress.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 03:30:59 AM »
Tougeagle did an awesome write up bet here is a real good one too http://www.monsterslayer.com/pages/jeep/40Head/40Head.htm Hesco has the plug and play package but its a bit on the expensive side.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 10:26:59 PM »
Looking at doing a Hesco harmonic balancer CPS kit if I can't find a flexplate from a Grand Cherokee 4.0L with 42RE or TJ Wrangler with 999/32RE/RH
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 12:12:24 AM »
Im going that route too. its expensive but im a little leary about drilling my bell housing to install the cps.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 10:29:54 AM »
Drilling is nothing if you have one for a template. I take a piece of paper, fold it (so it can sit against the "ears" of the trans where the bolts hold it to the block) then draw through the holes to show position. I thought about using a sensor that is slightly longer and making a plate to bolt to the holes so it could be made adjustable. Make sure you dremel the edge of the hole so cracks won't start!

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 11:33:38 AM »
Lots of good info on that link and on Hesco's site. The Hesco kits look good but way out of my price range. I'm going to try to piece my kit together from a wrecked XJ. I will be using a remanned head.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk