News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:07:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It's a work in progress  (Read 3999 times)

Offline bottomfeeder

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
It's a work in progress
« on: January 15, 2019, 09:54:23 PM »
It all started with a broken accelerator cable that ended up taking 5 weeks to show up.  While I was waiting I decided that I might as well make the most of it and put a lift on my Eagle.  After finishing the lift and installing the new accelerator cable I drove around the block for a shake down ride and found that my transmission had decided to lose reverse and 3rd gear.  I pulled the transmission and while I was at it I pulled the engine because it was leaking real good.  I replaced every single oz of fluid that I could and found a donor eagle with a 5 speed transmission.  I swapped the transmission and found out exactly what everyone is talking about when they say that bleeding the clutch is a pain in the  :censored:.  Put some new wheels and tires on it and finally was able to officially drive it this past Sunday without a hitch. Grabbed a couple pics while I was out.  It's a work in progress so there are some things that aren't completely buttoned up but here it is as of right now.

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
Re: It's a work in progress
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 01:33:13 PM »
Good looking Eagle.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 04:55:04 PM »
Looks good!  Glad to hear you got all those jobs done and the Eagle is back on the road!!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline trucker79005

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 05:31:39 PM »
Made all that sound easy ;D and i know for a fact that the clutch bleeding is not! Good job! Like it.
Laura (Shorty)
1978 AMC Concord 2DR Hatchback w/ Ralley package
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited w/ 5 speed
1971 Ford F250:)

Offline bottomfeeder

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 12:41:12 PM »
Just wanted to show off some of the stuff I've been doing with the Eagle.  First picture is a rack I've been working on.  Took a couple tries to get the look I was going for, but I'm happy with the end product.  I learned a lot and know exactly what I want to do when I eventually end up rebuilding it.  Plus, now that the rack is done I can start focusing on what I want to do with the front bumper!

Second picture is on a pit stop outside of Philomath, OR on the way to the coast.  My dog decided to get car sick and when I pulled over to clean up the mess I realized it would make for a nice photo.  Just figured I'd share it with y'all.  And in case you're wondering why the rack isn't installed on the eagle it's because I'm saving my pennies to get it powder coated.

Offline RallyEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 06:22:13 PM »
Sweet. Nice tire/rim combo too.  Dog barf improves an eagle's interior! :rotfl:

Offline JAVLINBOY

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 09:08:46 PM »
Nice car

Offline Eagleearl

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 08:59:38 AM »
Looking good !! How much lift did you put on it?

Offline bottomfeeder

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 12:39:54 AM »
Looking good !! How much lift did you put on it?

Thanks!  It was about 3" all the way around.  I did a Cherokee helper spring in the rear and the Moog spring that is a really common way to lift it up front.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk