News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vibration gremlin  (Read 8344 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: Vibration gremlin
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 01:00:29 AM »
This one has the notorious sr4 manual 4 speed. It does have some clutch chatter especially one the car has warmed up, so I do suspect somthings going on with that as well.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 02:54:37 PM »
Clutch springs popped out will give you a REAL bad vibe! I see a LOT of that (just had a guy with a 7.3 diesel complaining. Turned out someone borrowed his truck and dropped the clutch numerous times till the hub of the discs were cracked!)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 04:46:09 PM »
Had a blast driving your SX/4 the other day friend....   I have an interesting story to tell you about taking the wagon out to Yoder on monday.... :-\
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 02:58:08 AM »
Ok... got a hand full of suggestions
1: Check the pilot bearing or throw out bearing or both
2: (Long shot) Main bearing in the transmission

Start at the pilot bearing and go back

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk