General > AMC Eagles Den Meets

Regional Meets

(1/8) > >>

IowaEagle:
After this year's meet we felt regional meets will probably be the best way for us to get together to at least put some names to faces.  So please feel free to use this board to discuss the holding of a meet in your region.  Perhaps caption it like I did for the 2009 Mid West Region.  Please feel free to use this topic to share your opinions and suggestions.

trapperjack:
I've thought for a while about doing a "mini" meet here at our land. There would be no limitations on who could come. Maybe an award for who traveled the farthest. There are pro's and con's to having it here. 18 acres to knock around on, hills to climb, tools at hand, and more could be brought by others. I would be happy to cook (over mesquite coals) most any kind of meat or veggie conceivable, decent lodging within about 20 minutes, gas and groceries with in 15 minutes, Parts stores (for Maverick) within 20 minutes, Camping on site o.k.
Air travel would be through Austin, I'm sure arrangements could be made for pickup and delivery to airport, though i don't ever go that far into town unless someone is bleeding. It's about an hours drive.
I'm thinking a whole weekend, maybe do some wrenching around it, will need to be after deer season. Ya'll start thinking about weekends after say Feb.
There wouldn't be any cruise or parking at sonic, but could do some wrenching, try out your front axle a little, and have some good food, maybe some guitar pickin, and brew.
Bring a parts rig, we'll strip it. Bring a transmission, we'll stick it in. We could finaly install my NP229, or yours.
What do ya'll think?

IowaEagle:
We discussed you doing a regional meet Jack.  There are several down your way.  Gil could bring his yellow boxes to serve as goodie bags.  Or the wrenching could be putting his back together again.  It was those unplanned repair clinics that proved, IMO, to be the most interesting part of our little get together.

Gil-SX4:
Be nice having something close by, specially now that we have several members from New Mexico and Texas, we could provably do something in Ruidoso or Roswell

83Eagle!:
Gil, I like puzzles, that sounds like a good idea.  I would love to make it down to a meet in your neck of the woods guys. Heck, I figure I could learn a lot from TrapperJack.  THere have been a number of times I have been tempted to pull the side view mirrors off my Eagle and mail them to trapperJack for painting and customization; like he did to his.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version