Information and News > Hatchlings

Greetings From Louisiana

(1/5) > >>

Run-AMC:
I will begin by humbly acknowledging how inspiring this forum has been and continues to be as I comb through the rich data mines so carefully maintained for all who seek the Guidance of the Nest, including newbies such as myself. I get it. We are Eagle owners: "Refreshing and self-deprecating" but this community is nevertheless terrific and deserving of such praise.

Since acquiring my '82 Wagon in late April of this year, I have perused this board with much enthusiasm, interest, and pride. I have come here in times of frustration, like when the forsaken oil pan gasket escapade reared its ugly head (which was immediately upon receipt), and I continue to find myself in the threads of the various boards of this forum to find insight and wisdom from what I consider to be the best darn automotive community there is or will be (former Jeeper).

It would almost appear that my Eagle chose me; it has been a most magical automobile since I first laid eye on its glistening chrome trim in the hot Louisiana night. I will be sure to regale some of those tales in due time when the opportunity presents itself (magical radio, appreciative strangers, and "high-speed" interstate oopsies survival). I am twenty-four years of age at time of writing. Whether or not this is significant is ultimately up to the reader to decide.

I acquired this Eagle from Country Classic Cars in Staunton, IL. The PO was a Wisconsinite who took remarkably good care of the machine, for which I am nothing short of grateful (and which leaves others speechless). With the exception of the secondhand dealer, I confidently assume that the car has only had one owner before me.

I intend to upgrade this Eagle with the finest components that money can buy (within reason), using the best strategies and techniques that I can muster on my own, all the while ensuring that the soul of the original design which Mr. Lunn -- may he rest in peace -- intended indeed shines through. It is with the acquisition of this Eagle that I understand the reality in which I now find myself: This automobile does not belong solely to me; it belongs to a community and to a unique history. This means that I cannot allow it to become a Rockatanskian war car (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Rockatansky) even though 10-year-old me would think that would be, like, totally cool, man. I owe it at least that much.

It is a great pleasure to be a part of this community. I had lurked here for over two months as a guest... until now. I will help where I can with what minimal experience I do have. Hopefully, that knowledge gap shrinks rapidly as I get more oil and dirt and grease on my coveralls. I wish all of you and yours the best, and godspeed on your endeavors! May your Motors stay American!

rmick:
Welcome to the forum. We love to see pictures. This by far the best resource any Eagle enthousiast :hello2:

AMC of Houston:
Welcome to the Den.  Yeah; we love our birds.   My waggie (known as Mr. Eagle out here in the TX Hill Country) got me home in Houston during tropical storm Allison.  It was going where 4x4 trucks (too heavy) and Jeeps (too light) wouldn't go!!  I'll never sell it!

Run-AMC:
Here are a few photos for your reference. Paint is in very good shape, as I'm sure you can tell. 139,000 miles. Picture 3 is just before towing the other day after the driveshaft disconnected from the rear pinion on the interstate because of silly reasons. I replaced all related parts and had 'er back on the road within 24 hours.

vangremlin:
Welcome to the Den and the family of Eagle owners.  Congratulations on picking up that wagon, it sure is beautiful!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version