News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 09:42:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Manifold swap  (Read 1715 times)

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Manifold swap
« on: October 27, 2012, 01:02:30 PM »
I have decided to clean up the emissions crap under the hood even more. I have an exhaust manifold without the AIR (my cat was added aftermarket and is non-aerobic so it doesn't use the pumped in air, but it had both pulse air and AIR when I got it) I also will swap the intake while I'm at it and I'm thinking about using a router to open the ports slightly and put on one of my MC2100 1.08 carbs. The past couple days I've had some stalling issues when I turn right, which may be caused by a vacuum leak at the manifold combined with the last of the oil leak on my valve cover. I did a Clifford cover and had to redo it 3 times to get the leak as small as it is now (my broken shoulder doesn't help!)
   The spare intake/exhaust I have has the red knock sensor and I'll be taking it out along with all the fittings (except the manifold water and electric heaters and necessary vacuum fittings) Then I'll buff the manifold till it gleams before installing. It'll be nice to not have the AIR pipes in the way on the exhaust too.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk