News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 03:10:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Removing front seats  (Read 13234 times)

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: Removing front seats
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 04:34:12 PM »
hey john B, how did you like the seat covers you got? what style and price point. worth the money? fabric holding up a few months later? thanks gz

Offline johnbendik

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 07:15:23 PM »
gz,

I got my seat covers from Seat Covers Unlimited, in the fabric they call 'Madrid': http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/Madrid-p-16174.html.  They offer two styles, Custom ($148) and Full Custom ($168), the difference being that the cheaper version uses some kind of stretch polyester for the backs instead of continuing the fabric from the front.  I got the Full Custom in their 'tan' color.

I'm pretty happy with them.  The 'Madrid' fabric is very comfortable, with a soft feel like velour.  They're warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and they're not showing any wear yet.  I liked the fabric so much that I went back and purchased a few extra yards from them to redo my headliner and to cover that rounded plywood barrier you can see right behind the seat.

The barrier is a piece of 1/2 inch plywood that I shaped and attached at right angles to the back of the bench seat, at the top edge.  With the bench seat down, it forms a barrier so that my elderly 3-legged dog doesn't get thrown onto the floor if I have to brake suddenly.  With the bench seat up, it lays on top of the rear wheel wells out of the way, and gives you a moderately-hidden storage space underneath it.  Works pretty well, but looks a little 'rustic', what with the varnished plywood and all.  I figured I'd cover it with the Madrid fabric to match the front seats and headliner.

JB

John B.
1984 Eagle Sportwagon
258 - 6 cyl
5-speed !

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 02:00:54 AM »
cool! look good, I may get some. thanks, gz

Offline Murdoc1905

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 10:14:24 PM »
Out of curiosity, how are the seats fairing after these 3 years?

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2018, 12:08:43 AM »
hi, well, don't know about three years, but I purchased a set myself, same fabric, but in blue, a little over a year ago, for my 84 Sedan, and I love 'em! comfortable, good looking, near perfect fit, and so far showing no signs of wear. Liked 'em so much even got a set, same fabric, for my wife's car, 02 Mercury Sable. to cover her once pristine, but now aging, leather seats. She no longer burns the back of her legs on a hot summer day, so, I highly recommend these covers. You get what you pay for, no more auto parts store cheapies, that fall apart in three months, for us! good luck, gz

Offline johnbendik

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2018, 11:50:50 AM »
My covers are also looking good, with no appreciable wear.  And the fabric made a very plush headliner also!  http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45734.msg354298#msg354298.

I will also add that the company (Seat Covers Unlimited) was very easy to deal with, with intelligent salespeople manning the phones.

JB
1984 Eagle Sportwagon
258 - 6 cyl
5-speed !

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2018, 08:26:39 PM »
yup, just to add to that, They email you back after every inquiry, a real email, not those "do not respond " types, and work with you. Trying to get a Hornet set made now, for which they have no pattern, but they are trying. Money well spent. later, gz

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 11:38:24 AM »
Just wondering....I was on their website, and they only show a "highback"....is that what you ordered?
My list of my cars/toys (or toys at my disposal!)

1985 AMC Eagle Sportwagon
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville
 1962 Cruisers Inc Mahogany Outboard

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Click for Akron, Ohio Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline johnbendik

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 02:51:53 PM »
drock87,

I think so... I can't find my original invoice to be sure, but 'highback' sounds right.  They don't have a fully-customized template for the Eagle seat (because they don't have one to measure),  but the 'highback' worked pretty well on my seats.

JB
1984 Eagle Sportwagon
258 - 6 cyl
5-speed !

Offline johnbendik

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2018, 11:21:58 AM »
Drock87,

Don't know if you're still considering seat covers from these guys...  I got an email from them that they are having an 'Early Black Friday' sale this week: 20% off and free shipping.  Use the code 'EARLYBIRD' at checkout.

JB
1984 Eagle Sportwagon
258 - 6 cyl
5-speed !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk