News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:37:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dropping the ceiling  (Read 2425 times)

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
Dropping the ceiling
« on: April 05, 2019, 01:02:33 AM »
At some point my ceiling fabric separated from the fiberglass backing and the previous owner ripped it all out. How exactly does one drop the ceiling in the wagon so it can be more easily reupholstered from outside the vehicle?

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: Dropping the ceiling
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »
Replying so I can see updates. I have a similar issue. except my PO used balsa wood tension bracing to hold it up ???

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 10:46:27 AM »
I have done 4 of these. Cheap material even on the roof fades quick. Here is the epedia link.

http://amceaglesden.com/guide/Headliner_Replacement

Manitowoc WI

Offline TheBirdman

• huffs gear oil
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • that noise? that ll go away.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 11:22:32 AM »
I wish I would have read that wiki page before doing mine. I used normal, slightly stretchy fabric instead of proper headliner fabric, so it does appear a little lumpy glued directly onto the fiberglass. I was able to get it done with just one aresol can of headliner adhesive though.  Ah well, its not like the rest of the car is SEMA quality either.
83 eagle wagon 4.0

Offline johnbendik

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 02:57:01 PM »
Mips,

The search term you want to use is 'headliner' to find most of the forum's posts on the subject.

Here's my post on replacing mine with the same material I used on my seats: http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45734.msg354298#msg354298

Good luck with it...

JB
1984 Eagle Sportwagon
258 - 6 cyl
5-speed !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk