News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 04:48:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Carter BBD Rebuild  (Read 12966 times)

Offline ejw4x4

• Thread Resurrector
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: Carter BDD Rebuild
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 03:59:55 PM »
I have one on an carb that I used for parts, you pay for shipping you can have it. I will not need it for I have put on the older bbd with out the stepper. Malcolm
What year of eagle is the stepper off of?
and how much to ship to Atascadero, CA 93422
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 04:01:36 PM by ejw4x4 »
87' Eagle Wagon (SOLD)
94' Camaro Z28 grocery getter
66' Satellite (GTX clone project) 440/727

Offline malcolmm

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 10
Re: Carter BBD Rebuild
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 01:10:23 AM »
any where from 4 to 6 dollars. It came off of a 1982 I think. It does not have the vacuum port on the bottom, so it is an older one. Let me know if you want it. I know that it works ( I put it no my car to check). Malcolm :)

wagoneerhauler

Re: Carter BBD Rebuild
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 11:04:51 AM »
To revive or not to revive, that is the... well nevermind I'm posting.

I'm rebuilding the non-feedback bbd from the SX/4 right now.  I have found a few things the first being that the carb is likely not the original but from a CJ with a manual trans.  The second is there's a bit of wear in the throttle shaft and housing.  But I read in a manual here that one can buy bushings.  So a google search netted this:

http://www.supercooltools.com/html/ZA01/default.htm

It comes with the bushings and more can be purchased.  It seems as though you'd want a new throttle shaft as well because mine is worn but the bushing is for the original shaft diameter.  5/16" I believe is what they are (they have other reamer size kits too).  I have not found new shafts but haven't tried too hard either.  Considering the $ I'd sooner buy a rebuilt carb since doing one would not justify the expense.  But if I did that I'd explore other options such as junkyard TBI.

However, if someone wanted to do rebuilds as a side job, say someone with a sanctuary, this might be something to consider.  A carb rebuild could be a service that would not require travel to the sanctuary but simply shipping of the unit.  It might be something to consider for those interested in the idea looking for more work and thus $.  Rebuild kits are cheap so money could likely be made while saving nest members some too when compared to aftermarket rebuilt carb sources.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk