News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 06:00:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: $400 eagle my baby  (Read 2278 times)

Offline cadman929

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
$400 eagle my baby
« on: February 05, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »
so i had a 1985 chevy elcamino and driving to school one day the tranny blew on me so on craigslist i went to find something cheap! and loan behold that day someone posted a 1982 amc eagle wagon with 150000miles on it for $400!!! so i went to look at it and it was dirty, especially the interior but everything else was good and it has no rust so i bought it! that was about 4 months ago. i have since done alot of work on it and have tons more stuff planed! i will post pictures of it tonight. it has the 258 rally gauge package on the floor is automatic and a/c

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
Re: $400 eagle my baby
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 12:42:35 PM »
Nice find for $400! Can't wait to see some pictures. What kind of work have you done and plan to do? My 86 Limited Wagon has had a lot of work under the hood put into it. Can't wait to finish it.

If you need any part for these cars there are members on here with loads of parts available. Welcome to the nest and the AMC Eagle hobby! :hello2:
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

Offline cadman929

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »
heres some good pics of it on my instagram
http://instagram.com/p/Ur6k7oB4AI/
http://instagram.com/p/UmzuzsB4LR/
http://instagram.com/p/UpTqseB4Pc/

gettng it towed home after the ball joint broke.... :(

made this for it

and for all of you car audio fans... my setup!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:16:24 PM by cadman929 »

Offline cadman929

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 10:13:34 PM »
here it is the day i picked it up, had some problems. the body is all straight except the drivers door and where my dad hit the front left corner by the headlight which broke the bezel and put a small dent. (it fared a lot better than his truck) all but one back door handles were broke so i welded some new ones out of steel so they'll never break again! The gauges by the shiftier didn't work(they ended up just being unplugged) the gas gauge didn't work, replaced sending unit with a sun-pro, and i still cant get the tach to work... as for the motor i rebuilt the carb just to be safe and everything works great and she runs strong and starts great even on cold mornings!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk