News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 04:25:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1980 2 Door Sport  (Read 4786 times)

1988eagle

1980 2 Door Sport
« on: October 16, 2011, 11:28:25 PM »

:amc:                          :amc:                          :amc:                          :amc:                          :amc:

:amc:                          :amc:                          :amc:                          :amc:                          :amc:

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
Re: 1980 2 Door Sport
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 11:34:41 PM »
That is a nice looking 2dr sedan. Congrats!
Sweet that you have the first year and last year of the Eagle model... pretty jealous member here  8)
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1988eagle

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:07:17 AM »
Here they are making eyes at each other.

:amc:

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:02:54 PM »
That's a sweet 2 Door Eagle!  There's something about black cars... I love them!
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Prafeston

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »
Very cool!

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 03:07:38 AM »
I love the sports the blacked out trim looks so darn good. Those rims actually work real well on that car.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

1988eagle

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 04:44:21 PM »
Thanks guys.  I was so stoked to find this car.  I really like the wagons but this thing is just so next level I had to have it.  I'm spending much of my free time planning a rebuild on that motor.  Thinking about 4.0 head swap, motorcraft 2150 carb, headers, 2.25"(?) pipes into some kind of mean and throaty muffler (not too loud, but still threatening), HEI,  cam.  My main concerns are maximum low end torque, reliability, and simplicity.

Offline Hamel

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Iron Duke
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 06:04:51 PM »
Nice Eagle!

Just curious, what size are those tires?
1981 2 door Sedan - 2.5L 4 speed

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
If I made more money, i would love to have one of each model of eagle, I already got an SX/4 would have loved to kept the wagon. but One thing at a time I suppose.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

1988eagle

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 10:37:16 PM »
215/75R15, the smallest ones they make. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk