News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 10:26:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for a source of fasteners  (Read 4905 times)

Offline luggage

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Looking for a source of fasteners
« on: March 29, 2011, 12:55:34 PM »
Short Story: I'm looking for a decent online place to order fasteners. Every place I find wants me to buy boxes of 1,000 or more.

Long Story: I'm in need of some small screws to rebuilt my MC2150. I need to replace the ones holding the throttle plate in (I messed them up getting those low profile buggers out). http://carburetion.com/ford2v.htm says I need #6-32 for choke and throttle plates but my throttle plate screws are smaller than that. I tried #4-40 and they were the correct thread but just a bit too small (they would wobble in the hole). I'm 90% sure I need #5-40s but I can't find a site to buy them in small quantities.
1987 Eagle Wagon

Offline MontanaEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon (Soon to be for mountain fun times)
1997 Honda Civic (Daily driver in the winter)
2009 JM Star Scooter (Daily driver in the summer)
2010 Schwinn Hybrid Bike (Daily driver in Spring and Fall)

"It may be too early to drink scotch, but it's never too early to think about scotch"

Offline luggage

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: Looking for a source of fasteners
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »
The ones on that search are either too long, wrong head (too thick) or sold in large packs. Now you understand my problem. :)

Fastenal seems to have it online (but not in my local store) but they want to call me first. It doesn't seem like they want to deal with tiny orders.
1987 Eagle Wagon

Offline luggage

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 01:19:30 PM »
Hmm.. some of those search results are r/c car companies. They might just have what I need...
1987 Eagle Wagon

Offline MontanaEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 01:52:42 PM »
If you can't find what you need online let me know the specifics (in non-technical and technical terms) and I can call some fastener shops around here.
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon (Soon to be for mountain fun times)
1997 Honda Civic (Daily driver in the winter)
2009 JM Star Scooter (Daily driver in the summer)
2010 Schwinn Hybrid Bike (Daily driver in Spring and Fall)

"It may be too early to drink scotch, but it's never too early to think about scotch"

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 03:12:23 PM »
You can allways cut down the ones that are too long.Most Lowes have an abundance of machine screws in those drawers by Hillman Products.

Offline craigp29690

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 04:49:31 PM »
Try some local hobby shops.  The guys who fly the big planes use larger hardware as well as guys who may race 1/4 scale cars. 
1957 Nash Rambler
1964 Rambler Classic 770 2dr
1965 Rambler Classic Wagon              NON-AMC
1966 Rambler Classic Wagon              1981 MAZDA 626 (RWD)
1972 AMC Ambassador Wagon           1991 MAZDA MX5
1981 AMC Concord Wagon                1978 Dodge Magnum XE
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd        
1987 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd           Yes I have a few toys..........

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 11:39:08 AM »
Still need screws.  I buy them by the thousands :)  I'll send you what ever you need.
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk