News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:30:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1980 Concord Daily Driver Back in Effect  (Read 3659 times)

Offline SuzyBruisy

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
    • My Garage
1980 Concord Daily Driver Back in Effect
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:57:22 AM »
So! With an upcoming career change, it looks like I'm going to have to put my 1980 258 automatic Concord back on the road for almost-daily service. Problem is:

1. Fairly massive trans leak, which I'm hoping a pan gasket will fix.

2. It's got no turn signals. I'm pretty sure the switch in the column is shot, because I've ruled out everything else (it's got tilt and column-shift - anyone ever dealt with one of these?)

3. The wiring to the headlights is fubar'd, because a bad ex-boyfriend tried to install HIDs without a ballast and made a total pig's ear out of the thing. The headlights heat up, flash on and off, and try to burn up the harness. This is the part that I might have to call in some help with: I wanna just swap everything back to stock but I'm terrible at reading wiring diagrams.

I've got exactly a week!

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk