News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 16, 2024, 09:14:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Red Wagon in Bedford, PA  (Read 7376 times)

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
Red Wagon in Bedford, PA
« on: November 02, 2011, 09:57:14 PM »
Saw this pull in while waiting for my Chinese food on my lunch break.  I didn't get a chance to talk to the lady that was driving it, I was busy stuffing my face with General Tso's.  It's definitely a daily driver and isn't perfect, but overall it looked pretty solid considering the wrath of road salt around here.

87 Eagle Woody Wagon "Virginia" 4.2 Auto 174k

Offline JayRamb

• ELLA THE EAGLE & EDWIN THE EAGLE
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 30
  • AMC passion for over 32 years. BIG advocate!
    • UPDATED!!  1967 Rambler Rebel weebly website
Re: Red Wagon in Bedford, PA
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:10:42 PM »
EGG for the sighting, posting and pictures!
Jayson H.
Best HWY Mileage of 87 Eagle:  26.2 MPG

Believer in AMSOIL & Seafoam
1987 Garnet Red Eagle Wagon: 70,500 miles
1967 Rambler Rebel 4 Door 290 V8 (original family car) Marina Aqua 142K miles
1985 Eagle Wagon in Autumn Brown 74,800 miles as my daily driver
SOLD 1984 Black Eagle Limited w/Tach & gauge cluster: 245,100 miles SOLD

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 10:37:37 PM »
Yes, it does look to be pretty solid.   She could use some head light adjusters.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 11:29:21 PM »
Yeah, the passenger side low beam isn't offering much usable light.  I know what that's all about, broke the adjuster on mine the first time I drove it at night and decided to adjust the lights a little higher.  2 turns, then snap, my headlight is aimed 10 feet in front of the bumper.

I don't know why it costs 8 bucks for 2 pieces of plastic and 2 screws, but at least they're still pretty easy to get.

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 11:41:32 PM »
Yes, it does look to be pretty solid.   She could use some head light adjusters.

It's just winking  ;D

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 07:42:50 AM »
I couldn't see where I was going! Pep boy's was the third place I tried and the first that had them.

Offline BenM

• Thumbs Up 74
  • Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 01:16:14 PM »
There are a few Eagles floating around Bedford. About two years ago one of the car lots had an Limited for sale with about 60,000 on it if I recall correctly. It looked a lot like that.
NSS#47184

1987 AMC Eagle Sedan -- 1976 Pacer Coupe -- 1968 Pontiac Tempest Custom S -- 1940 Mercury (& a 2002 Jetta Turbodiesel, 5 spd., the Wife's Daily Driver)

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 01:38:40 PM »
Did you shop the License plates out? I see no evidence of places or Tags. That is scary cause it might get impounded if you didn't hide the plate

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 04:56:14 PM »
Yeah, I retouched it to remove the plate.  I don't know how I managed it, but it almost looks like it's just the bare metal bracket behind it.

Offline Hawk258

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 05:20:51 PM »
awesome job, had me worried for a moment. Glad to know it's a legal eagle.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 05:07:07 AM »
Great sighting!! and you had me fooled too I though it was plateless as well. I thought that maybe that white object in the back window was a poorly placed temp tag.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 12:15:21 AM »
Looks like you did a copy/paste from the bumper strip.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 02:12:02 AM »
good eye carnuck!
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline Hawk258

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 05:48:42 AM »
Yeah, I see it "NOW" that still is the best cover up I have seen EVER. most the time it's just a colored box. You sir should be PROUD. Didn't even give the state it was from away. I have to egg you for this.

1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 08:57:06 AM »
I actually used one of the blend features with windows 7's photo editing software, I really had no idea what I was doing, I just got lucky. If I can figure out how I did it I'll let you guys in on the secret. It does look like a copy/paste of the bumper strip but that's not what I did, at least I don't think so unless I really had no idea what I was doing!

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 08:59:36 PM »
Ok so I messed around again to figure out how I did this.  I did it using the built in editing software in Windows 7, I think Vista has the same thing but i'm not sure on that.  Open the picture, and at the top left corner there should be an "edit, organize, or share" button.  That'll open up a list of all the pictures on the 'puter, with the one you opened highlighted/checked.  Double click on the one you want to edit and it'll open it for editing.  Click the "view" tab and zoom in towards the plate if needed.  Then from the "edit" tab, click on the retouch button, and you can then click and drag over the plate.  When you release the mouse button with the area selected it'll make an attempt to blend the selected area in to match the surrounding textures.  It seems like a hit and miss thing.  It'll always blur out the numbers that it can't be read, but sometimes it looks really good and other times it just looks like someone scratched the numbers out with a pen, or it tries to blend it with the tail lights which looks pretty bad.  If it looks poor you can click undo and give it another shot, or highlight it again.  The more times you do it, the more blended and unreadable it will get.  It seems that it was pure luck how well this plate turned out for me because I haven't been able to duplicate the same "plateless" effect on any other pictures.

Offline captspillane

• The Perkiomen Eagle Sanctuary
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 137
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 04:08:32 AM »
A guy near me drives a light blue factory 5 speed 258 station wagon as a daily driver. He also bought a maroon on maroon station wagon like that and painted it, replaced all the springs and did a crazy amount of work to fix it up. His brother twisted his arm to sell it and he reluctantly agreed. Of course he sold it for much less than he had in it since it was his brother. As soon as he sold it he grumbled about it and regretted it. It was the finest station wagon I've ever seen. About 6 months later his brother showed up with a new car and he asked where the Eagle was. His brother had traded it in on the new car! He immediately went to the car lot to buy it back, but the car had been sold in less than a few hours after being traded in. He ended up disowning his brother and buying another one and starting another restoration from scratch.

So somewhere in Eastern PA should be a beautiful freshly painted and maintained station wagon with that color scheme. It doesn't look clean enough to be the same one, but it might be.
Currently Inspected and Insured as of Jan 2013:
-1985 Eagle Station Wagon 258 T5 Stickshift
-1980 Eagle Station Wagon 258 Auto Fuel-injected with GM TBI

Minor Repairs Underway:
-1982 Eagle SX4 258 T5
-1981 Kammback 2.5L Iron Duke T5

Restoration Efforts Near Completion:
-1982 SX4- 401 NV3550
-1983 SX4- 4.5 MPI NSG370 (6 Speed)

Restoration Efforts Underway:
-1985 SW- 4.0 MPI AX15
-1982 SX4- 4.0 AW4
-1981 SX4- SD33T NV4500 (Turbodiesel 5 speed)

Future Rescue Efforts- '85 Maroon SW, '87 Limited SW, '84 Limited SW, '87 4 door Sedan, '81 2 door Sedan, '88 White SW, '77 4 door Hornet, '74 2 door Hornet, '79 Spirit AMX, '81 Kammback.

RIP- Red '81 SX4, '84 4dr Sedan, '84 SW, '81 SW, '80 Spirit, '83 SW, '83 4dr Sedan

Offline milliard431

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • Robs1980eagle
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 07:45:39 PM »

I don't know why it costs 8 bucks for 2 pieces of plastic and 2 screws, but at least they're still pretty easy to get.

Too much!! They were $1.48 a set when the 'Nest store was open. Better shop around.
The online auction has a set of 8 for $10. The seller is in Florida and I installed a set a few years ago. worked great and he still sells them. If you put them on your watch list they go on sale after a few days for $8.99

Prafeston

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 09:53:14 PM »
I still don't see the point in PS license plates out...especially if it isn't even your car! :)

Offline milliard431

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 25
    • Robs1980eagle
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »
Respect for the privacy of others

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk