News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 12, 2024, 07:02:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brought home an '85 today  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Brought home an '85 today
« on: July 04, 2014, 10:36:19 PM »
Brought home an '85 Eagle Wagon today and the odometer hit 126,000 on the way home. Appears to be from PA originally and there is some rust here and there but nothing extreme other than the battery tray. The owner was a super cool guy and a total AMC/Jeep lover.

Drove pretty good and my favorite part about the entire car is the interior which sports POWER SEATS! I can finally see over the steering wheel unlike my '84 where I can't really...lol

Great headliner too!

One thing that hit me was instead of a buzzer like the 84 has, this 85 beeps. I never realized it ever changed. Also the underhood light on this one actually works. How cool is that?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:52:40 PM by Zoro »
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: Brought home an '85 today
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 02:03:15 AM »
Weren't you selling your black one and now you have another. We can't be stopped!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: Brought home an '85 today
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 08:00:34 AM »
Yup, more or less. Still driving the black one everyday too. Never realized how bad the window tint in the black one has gotten but I can actually see out the back window of the new one!

Got a few things to repair on the 85 before I'd feel confident driving it everyday. I did drive it 30 miles home tho.
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk