News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 13, 2024, 01:33:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Eagle moves on to a new home  (Read 2120 times)

AMC lifer

My Eagle moves on to a new home
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:45:57 PM »

July 28, 1994 - November 5, 2012

Sorry to say, My Eagle is no longer with me. After 18 + years of daily driving in all kinds of weather including heavy snow, it was retired & put out to pasture. After getting no takers locally for usage as a parts car, I sold it to the local body shop. They report that instead of using it for parts at this time, they are using it to pull other cars around the junk yard.

In the end, it suffered from many ills, no heat, temp & fuel guages would not work, leaked all fluids. These I could deal with & accept as it "marked its territory" wherever it was. The final straw was a water leak coming from the roof rack. When I saw that, I knew that it was time to move on. But what was I going to do without my AMC. After all, I'm not AMC Lifer for nothing. All I have owned has been AMC. Hornets, Matador, Pacer & the Eagle. I also come from an AMC family. My solution was to stay with the heritage of AMC.  I now own 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. It also has the inline six like the Eagle.

A couple of days after getting the Jeep, I looked at the Eagle & part of the trim fell off the rear bumper as it knew that it wa being replaced.

The Eagle served me well for many years & I still will be a part of the site to put my two cents in on occassion. After all, I sold the Eagle, I didn't sell the memories or the manuals!

AMCLifer
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:51:00 PM by AMC lifer »

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
Re: My Eagle moves on to a new home
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »
Sad to hear. Glad to hear that the shop isn't going to part it out.
Maybe one day you will be ready for another Eagle or AMC. Until then you have the memories and a cousin to remind you of all the good times you had.
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
Re: My Eagle moves on to a new home
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:49:42 PM »
I hope I can have my Eagle as long as you had yours and have as many good memories.  A salute to your Eagle!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk