News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:39:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: bumper paint  (Read 11835 times)

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
bumper paint
« on: March 13, 2011, 05:41:22 PM »
                    HI      IOWA EAGLE  and I  was  talking about bumpers .To paint or not to paint .the wagon looks good chrome and sx4 looks good both ways ..I E  I saw a sx4 the other day that was silver with black flairs and bumpers .it did look good   i was surprised so how good it looked and  it had a red pin stripe front to back ..IOWA  you were right about that . but I don't know how it would look on a wagon ??............DON
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: bumper paint
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:38:01 AM »
It looks real sharp on a wagon!! Iv seen one in that color combination before. If I recall correctly it was a Sport cuz it had the blacked out trim. Black and silver sure look good together and a red pinstripe really makes those colors pop!! The only thing is though the interior would almost have to  be black or grey to look right.

...You thinking of doin a a color change on your Eagle Don?

AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 12:42:53 AM »
Oh yeah ;D...I was also going to ask you if you know of any good paints that work well on plastic trim....I repainted an 82 I had and within a year the paint was flaking off the plastic trim.

thanx,
shane

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 01:56:01 AM »
                 HI      Oh yes my 84   Is white  with dark blue .I want to go with silver with Britte blue .I want to start with white base cote over the primer then silver with a blue tent .real lite .let it dry and then do the blue on the lower part of the car ..its already blue and white in side .haven't got that lined out yet.  the 82 comes first it has seniority on the outher two .I will look up the name of the paint i use for palates.................Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 03:53:28 PM »
The red accent stripe was found on all Sport models except those painted red.  They left their accents silver.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 09:52:05 PM »
Thats gonna look sharp Don!!! And thanks for lookin into that paint for me!!;D

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 11:44:56 PM »
                          HI   Shane the paint is Color Spray all purpose Enamel....it says works on every thing  and it has for me          I put it on a interior over 10 years ago and it still looks good today no peal  ..............Don             
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:47:08 PM by teneagle »

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 11:53:42 PM »
           I forgot to tell you where I got it   I-E   Is going to love this   W$$$ M$$$  I hope you know that store good luck with the paint ...................Don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 12:40:21 AM »
Thanks Don!!

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 06:16:17 AM »
I was there yesterday Don.  But not for paint.  Work related.  Will have to look next time I am there.  Was it in the auto section or the paint section?

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 08:36:19 AM »
            HI    It was in the paint section

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 01:57:13 PM »
Thanks Don.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 06:15:45 PM »
          HI    I have a soft bristle brush about 5 inches long .just fit in your hand .I used Dawn and warm water..I washed both sides good .the Dawn gets out all the Grace and oil out. rinse good and let dry .you canuse a fine primer or not .I did a test piece first to see how it would turn out .and it turned out ok ..put on a lite coat .let it get tacky and put on another coat ...then i put on another coat final  let dry... its enamel so don't put anything on it for like 30 days then its allmost like open       I cant think of the word you know.............Don
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 06:17:46 PM by teneagle »

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »
ON the primer I did not do the primer .if you do you have to sand .the highs and lows start to look A like if you want to keep the natural look don't primer

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 01:21:58 PM »
The red accent stripe was found on all Sport models except those painted red.  They left their accents silver.
You could also get a Black SX/4 with a white accent stripe.  My friend's red SX/4 also has his that are white.

Black with white:

Red with white:
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk